In today’s post, we will describe how you can quickly and easily set up the USB-C charging base an accessory designed for the Surface Slim Pen – and how to use it with your Surface device. The Slim Pen is compatible with Surface devices as retro as the Surface Pro 3, in addition to the newer Surface Neo and Surface Hub 2S – and comes with its own charging base that connects via USB-C.
Using USB-C charging base for Slim Pen on Surface
Know the USB-C charging base
- USB-A to USB-C cable
- USB-C port
- Charging base
- Surface Slim Pen
Set up your Surface Slim Pen
To use your pen for the first time, charge it to wake it up.
- Plug the USB-C end of the cable into the charging base.
- Plug the other end of the cable into a USB-A power source, like your Surface.
- Place your pen in the charging base. Wait for a moment, then remove the pen to start writing on your Surface.
When the LED light on your Slim Pen turns amber, place it in the charging base to recharge the battery. See the table below for more info about the LED light.
Pair your Slim Pen to a Surface
You can use Bluetooth to pair your pen to a Surface.
- Select Start > Settings > Devices > Add Bluetooth or other device > Bluetooth.
- Press and hold the top button of your pen for 5-7 seconds until the LED light flashes white to turn on Bluetooth pairing mode.
- Select Surface Slim Pen to pair your pen.
If you have a Surface Pro X, you can use Swift Connect to automatically connect your Slim Pen. To do so, simply write on the screen with your pen.
Microsoft has provided a short video on how to unbox and start using your pen.
And that’s it, folks. I hope you find this guide helpful enough!