Connectify is a newly released application that allows you to create a Wi-Fi hotspot WITHOUT a Wi-Fi router. This means that you can share your internet connection with others through your laptops wi-fi adapter.
Connectify for Windows
All your friends, co-workers or users having wi-fi enabled devices can connect to the internet through the wi-fi hotspot your laptop will create. You can also keep your wi-fi hotspot secure by password-protected WPA2 Encryption.
- A laptop/desktop running Windows 7/8/10.
- A Wi-Fi card.
- Connectify software.
The main plus point of this software is that its a freeware and you don’t have to pay for using or downloading it. The other features are:
- Your wireless access point hotspot will be encrypted with WPA-2 encryption only. It’s as strong as your password will be.
- The Ad Hoc mode hotspots are protected with WEP encryption.
- OPERATING SYSTEM:
- You need Windows 7/8/10 in order to run it. Windows 7 Starter Edition is not supported as of now, as it lacks some of the features Connectify utilizes.
- Older versions of Windows are not compatible.
UPDATE: Connectify is no longer free.