If you want to turn off all Windows Spotlight features on Windows 10, this article will guide you through the steps. You need to use the Local Group Policy Editor or the Registry Editor.
Windows Spotlight is a new addition in Windows 10, and it helps you customize the lock screen and some other places as per your requirements. It is very straightforward to enable the Windows Spotlight feature from the Windows Settings. The Windows Spotlight also allows you to get the Like What You See option on the lock screen.
Turn off Windows Spotlight features using Group Policy Editor
To turn off Windows Spotlight features on Windows 10, follow these steps-
- Press Win+R to open the Run prompt.
- Type gpedit.msc and hit the Enter button.
- Navigate to Cloud Content in User Configuration.
- Double-click on Turn off all Windows spotlight features.
- Select the Enabled option.
- Click the Apply and OK buttons.
Let’s check out these steps in detail.
To get started, open the Local Group Policy Editor. For that, press Win+R to open the Run prompt, type
gpedit.msc, and hit the Enter button. Now, navigate to the following path-
User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Cloud Content
In the Cloud Content folder, you will see a setting called Turn off all Windows spotlight features. Double-click on it, and select the Enabled option.
Then, click on Apply and OK buttons, respectively.
Windows Spotlight on the lock screen, Windows Tips, Microsoft consumer features, and other options will be invisible after doing this.
Disable Windows Spotlight features using Registry Editor
To turn off Windows Spotlight features on Windows 10 using Registry Editor, follow these steps-
- Search for regedit in the Taskbar search box.
- Click on Registry Editor in the search result.
- Click the Yes button in the UAC prompt.
- Navigate to CloudContent in HKCU.
- Right-click on CloudContent > New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Name it as DisableWindowsSpotlightFeatures.
- Double-click on DisableWindowsSpotlightFeatures and set the Value data as 1.
- Click OK to save the change.
Keep reading to know more about these steps.
At first, search for
regedit in the Taskbar search box and click on the Registry Editor in the search result. Then, select the Yes button in the UAC prompt and navigate to the following path-
Right-click on CloudContent, and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value. Then, name it as DisableWindowsSpotlightFeatures.
After that, double-click on DisableWindowsSpotlightFeatures set the Value data as 1, and click the OK button to save the change.
That’s all! Hope these simple guides help.
- Tags: Features