If you receive The current profile is not allowed to play on Xbox Live error when trying to play online multiplayer on Xbox, we got you covered. Some Xbox console users can’t access online multiplayer games on their Xbox consoles due to this error.
This error could be a result of your privacy and online safety settings. So, ensure your Xbox Live settings are configured correctly to play online multiplayer games on Xbox consoles. Besides that, if you don’t have Xbox Live Gold Membership, you are likely to face this error. Also, it might be a network connection issue causing this error.
It can also occur in various other scenarios. If there is some profile glitch, you may experience this error. It can also occur due to corrupted or old persistent storage and system cache. In any case, you can fix the error by following the below-listed working solutions.
Before following any fixes, check the current status of Xbox Live services and make sure all services are up and running. Also, perform a power cycle on your Xbox console; switch off your console, unplug its power cords, wait for at least 30 seconds, and restart your console to check if the error is fixed or not. If that doesn’t help, apply a suitable fix to resolve this error.
The current profile is not allowed to play on Xbox Live
Here are the solutions you can use if you receive the “The current profile is not allowed to play on Xbox Live” error on your Xbox console:
- Check if you have an Xbox Live Gold account and subscription.
- Check the Xbox network connection.
- Delete and redownload your profile.
- Delete Persistent Storage.
- Clear the MAC address.
- Delete the system cache.
- Factory reset your Xbox console.
1] Check if you have an Xbox Live Gold account and subscription
You will likely experience this error if you don’t have an Xbox Live Gold account. So, ensure you have an Xbox Live Gold account to avoid online multiplayer gaming issues. In addition to that, you also need to ensure that your subscription plan is active.
2] Check the Xbox network connection
The next thing you can do is test your Xbox network connection and fix the network and multiplayer connection issues accordingly. Here are the steps to do that:
- Firstly, press the Xbox button on your Xbox controller.
- Now, click on the Settings option.
- After that, go to the General > Network settings section.
- Next, press the Test network connection button to identify network issues and let the process complete.
- Then, click on the Test multiplayer connection button to identify and troubleshoot multiplayer connection issues.
- Once done, see if The current profile is not allowed to play on Xbox Live error is fixed.
Read: Xbox keeps signing me out of YouTube.
3] Delete and redownload your profile
Since there seems to be an issue with your profile that might be temporary, you can remove your profile and then redownload or re-add it to check if the error is resolved. You can follow the below instructions to do that:
- First, press Xbox button on your controller and tap on the Settings option.
- Now, click on the System option and move to the Storage section.
- Next, choose Hard Drive if you haven’t connected an external storage device, else choose All Devices.
- After that, click on Profiles, select the profile that you wish to remove, click on the Delete button, and then choose the Delete Profile Only option.
- Once your profile is deleted, tap on the guide menu and then press the Download Profile option. In case the option is not seen, you might signed with another profile. So, make sure you have logged out of account and then use this option.
- Next, click on Download Profile and enter your login credentials. After that, choose the location where you want to download and store your profile.
When done, you can check if you have stopped receiving The current profile is not allowed to play on Xbox Live error or not.
- First, bring up the guide menu by pressing the Xbox button on your controller.
- Now, click on the Profile & system > Settings > Account option.
- Next, tap on the Remove accounts option and then choose the profile or account that you want to delete.
- After that, press the Remove button to delete the accout.
- Then, you re-add your profile, tap on the Xbox button on your controller again.
- Now, press Sign in and then Add & manage, and click on the Add new option.
- Now, enter the login with correct credentials and follow the prompted instructions to complete the process.
See: Fix problems signing in to the Xbox app.
4] Delete Persistent Storage
You might be facing this error due to inconsistency with persistent storage cache stored on your Xbox console. Bulked or corrupted persitsent cache can result in a lot of issues include The current profile is not allowed to play on Xbox Live error. So, clear the persistent storage cache and see if the error is resolved. Here’s how:
- Firstly, tap on the Xbox button on your controller and click on the Settings option.
- Next, move to the Devices and Connections section and select the Blu-Ray option present on the right-side panel.
- Now, select the Persistent storage option and click on Clear Persistent storage option to let Xbox clear the persistent cache from your device.
- Once done, reboot your console and see if the error is fixed or not.
If clearing the persistent cache doesn’t work, use the next fix.
Read: Fix 0x87E105DC Xbox error when you try to open a game.
5] Clear the MAC address
If the above solutions didn’t work, the next thing you can do to fix the error is clear the alternate MAC address on your Xbox Console. It will help in resetting the alternate MAC settings. So, if the error is caused due to inconsistent network data or some other network issue, this should resolve the error.
Here are the steps to clear the MAC address on Xbox:
- First, open Xbox Guide by tapping on the Xbox button on your controller and click on the Settings option.
- Now, navigate to the Network tab and select Advanced settings.
- After that, choose the Alternate MAC address option and then press the Clear option.
- When done, restart you console and check if the error is gone.
Read: Fix 0x87E105DC Xbox error when you try to open a game.
6] Delete the system cache
Such errors could be very facilitated due to outdated system cache on your device. So, you can also try clearing the system cache on your Xbox 360 console and see if the error is fixed. Here’s how to do that:
- First, tap on the Xbox button on your controller and click on the Settings option.
- After that, tap on the System option and choose the Storage option.
- Now, highlight the storage device from the list and press the Y button on your controller.
- Next, choose the Clear System Cache option.
- When done, reboot your console and check if the error is now fixed.
7] Factory reset your Xbox console
The last resort to fix the error is to factory reset your Xbox console. While doing so, you can either keep your data or completely reset your Xbox console by removing games and other data. However, we suggest you use the first option to retain your games and other game data.
To factor reset Xbox, here are the intstructions you can follow:
- First, open the guide menu by tapping on Xbox button on your controller.
- Now, click on the Profile & system > Settings option.
- After that, navigate to the System > Console info section.
- Next, press the Reset console option and then choose either Reset and remove everything or Reset and keep my games & apps.
- Now, follow the prompted instructions and when done, restart your console.
I hope this post helps you resolve The current profile is not allowed to play on Xbox Live error, and you can play Xbox games online without any issues.
Read: Error 0x89231022, You’ll need Xbox Live Gold.
How do I enable gamer profile on Xbox Live?
You can manage your game profile on your Xbox console using its Settings. Xbox 360 users can click on the Settings option and then choose the Profile option. After that, press the Edit Profile option and select the setting you want to change from Gamertag, Gamer Picture, Gamer Zone, Motto, Avatar, and more.
Why is my Xbox Live account blocked?
Xbox may suspend or block your account if you have violated its policies, the Microsoft Services Agreement and Community Standards for Xbox. The suspension may be temporary or permanent depending on the intensity of violations done by users. In certain cases, your Microsoft account might be temporarily suspended if spam or fraudulent activity to protect you from fraud or abuse because a spam or fraudulent activity is detected on your account. This is done to protect your device from fraud.
Now read: Xbox Error 80151006, This profile can’t connect to Xbox Live.