If you need multiple strong passwords to protect your online accounts, you should give RandPass Lite a try. It is a free random password generator for Windows 10. Like PassBox, HashPass or PWGen, it can create a strong password with preset words, digits, special characters, etc. Check out the features and options of RandPass Lite.
RandPass Lite password generator for PC
Being a simple and free password manager for Windows, RandPass Lite does what it says – create a password whenever needed. However, there are some other features that you should know about this security tool.
- Password length: A strong password doesn’t mean to have two unique characters, some uppercase alphabets, etc. The strength depends on the password length as well. That is why RandPass Lite allows users to create up to 1000 characters long password.
- Create passwords in bulk: It doesn’t matter whether you want to create a ten- or hundred-character password; you can make more than one of them without any issue. It is possible to create 1000 passwords at a time.
- Use custom characters: Apart from using uppercase/lowercase alphabets, numbers, you can add custom characters such as – &, %, $, #, @, etc.
- Custom word list: If you have a specific list of words that you want to use in your password, you can import that too.
- Duplicate password finder: Using a duplicate password is not recommended at all. For your information, many tools create a duplicate password, and that might impair your online account security. That won’t happen with RandPass Lite as it comes with an in-built duplicate password finder, which can find and remove all duplicate passwords effortlessly.
There are some more options, but you need to use this tool to understand them better.
Download and use RandPass Lite on Windows 10 PC
To start generating strong passwords with RandPass Lite, follow these steps-
- Download RandPass Lite from the official website and install it
- Set it up properly with all filters, and create a password
- Export all passwords to a TXT file.
There are two editions of RandPass Lite that you can download – installer and portable. If you are going to use it very rarely, you can go with the portable version. If you want to use it every day, it is better to have the installer. However, it entirely depends on you since both work equally. After opening this tool on your computer, you will see this UI-
It is free for non-commercial use. It is okay as long as you use it for yourself. Click the Accept button and go ahead. After that, the following window will appear-
Here you can add all the filters as I said above. For instance, you can enable Use custom characters and Use custom format options to make your password stronger. Also, you can change the password length, the number of passwords, etc.
To use a list of words, you need to save all words in a TXT file first. After that, switch to the Words tab, click the browse button under the Word list option, and select the TXT file containing all the desired words.
There are three relevant options that you should know –
- Convert to upper case
- Convert to lower case
- Convert to random case
If your password contains only lowercase alphabets, and you want to convert them to uppercase or vice versa, you can make use of these options. You can find all of them in the Actions menu.
There is another convenient option – Check uniqueness. Ut lets you filter duplicate passwords instantly. If you created a hundred or even fifty passwords and you want to check for duplicacy, this option will be helpful. It is included in the Actions menu. At last, you can go to File > Save passwords to export all the passwords to your computer.
That’s it! If you like, you can download RandPass Lite from the official download page. It is compatible with all Windows versions.
Related read: Free secure online password generator to create random passwords