Some players of PayDay 2 as of late have been complaining about their mods failing to work properly. From what we have gathered, this problem is connected with the BLT mod manager, so the question is, what can be done to solve this issue once and for all? PayDay 2 is one of the most competitive and popular cooperative first-person shooter video games available today.
Mods are allowed in Payday 2 just as long as they do not negatively affect other players or cause cheating. If the rules are broken, then expect your account to be banned in some shape or form. Now, we must note that the game overall is playable outside of using mods, so there is nothing to worry about in that important regard.
Payday 2 Mods are not working
Fixing the mod problem plaguing Payday 2 is not difficult. All you have to do is take advantage of the following solutions:
- Transfer mod files to the correct location
- Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++
- Remove the Vanilla BLT in favor of Super BLT
- Run the mod in Compatibility Mode
1] Transfer mod files to the correct location
The first thing to do here is to move the PayDay 2 mod files to the right location if they are in the wrong one. This can be easily accomplished, so let us discuss how to get this done in the easiest way possible.
- So begin by right-clicking on the shortcut of the game.
- After that, you must select Open File Location.
- You should now be brought to the official PayDay 2 folder.
- Look for the mod folder and copy the files inside but without mod.txt.
- Next, return to the primary directory, then paste the files into the folder known as Assets>mod_overrides.
- If such a folder does not exist, then please create one, then paste the files.
- Finally, delete the mod files from the original mods folder.
2] Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
In some situations, the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable installation may have been corrupted, or some files are missing. Such issues can cause PayDay 2 to fail from working accordingly, so let us look at how to get things moving in the right direction.
- To begin, press the Windows key + I to launch the Settings menu.
- From there, go to Apps > Apps & Features.
- Look for Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable, and uninstall it from your computer.
- Finally, visit the official Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable download page, and download the latest version to your system.
- Install it, then restart your computer.
You can now check to see if the mods are working properly.
3] Remove the Vanilla BLT in favor of Super BLT
If the above solutions failed to work, then we suggest changing the mod manager. This is for those who are using Vanilla BLT, because the idea is to use Super BLT instead.
4] Run the mod in Compatibility Mode
You can also try to run the mod in Compatibility Mode and see if that works.
Can Payday 2 mods crash my game?
Some mods cannot run alongside others. If the player tries to make this happen then in many cases the game will crash and continue to do so until the mod is removed. Furthermore, some mods will not perform unless other mods are running as well.