If your old program, made for previous versions, does not work or run in Windows 11/10/8/7, or if it does not run the way it ran in Windows Vista or Windows XP, you can make it run using the Compatibility Mode. If you receive a This program doesn’t run on Windows 11/10 message, then this post will help you make your older programs work.
Make old Games & Programs work on Windows 11/10
Make old programs and games work even now! Run old Games and Software on Windows 10 and Windows 11 using Compatibility Mode.
- Right-click on the program or program shortcut icon and select Properties.
- Select the Compatibility tab
- From the Compatibility mode section, check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for
- From the drop-down menu, select the version of Windows in which you knew this program to work.
- If you are running Windows 10, select an earlier Windows version, on which the program ran well.
- Click Apply > OK.
This should make the old program work in your version of Windows 11 or Windows 10.
Compatibility Mode in Windows 11/10
You can also use the Windows Program Compatibility Troubleshooter to help you make the older programs run in later Windows versions.
Read next: How to Install Windows 7 Games on Windows 11/10.