MSI Afterburner is one of the best overclocking apps. However, it is not just used for that purpose, but there are various other things this tool is used for and one of them is to count Frames Per Second or FPS. But, as of late, a lot of users have complained that the MSI Afterburner FPS Counter is not working on their system. In this post, we will talk about this issue in detail and see what can be done to resolve it.
Fix MSI Afterburner FPS Counter is not working
If MSI Afterburner FPS Counter is not working on your Windows computer, try the following solutions to resolve the issue.
- Enable FPS
- Change Benchmark Settings
- Reinstall MSI Afterburner
Let us talk about them in detail.
1] Enable FPS
Let us start with the most basic of the solutions, we need to make sure that you have allowed MSI Afterburner to count and show FPS. Also, there are some other settings that we need to check and make sure are enabled. Follow the prescribed steps to do the same.
- Open MSI Afterburner.
- Click on the cog button to enter its settings.
- Click on the Monitoring tab, go to Active hardware monitoring graphs and then tick Framerate Avg.
- Scroll down and tick the box associated with Show in On-Screen Display.
- Now, go to Graph limits and tick the Override game name option.
- Then, click on the three vertical dots next to Show in On-Screen Display.
- From Active layout properties, click on double-click on Size0.
- Change its Size (in percentage) to 100.
- Do the same to Size1.
Finally, save the settings and see if the issue persists. If the issue is not resolved, move to the next solution.
2] Change Benchmark Settings
Next up, let us configure the Bechnmark Settings of MSI Afterburner. We will be checking the recording section and make sure that everything is alright there and that there is no misconfiguration. Follow the prescribed steps to do the same.
- Go MSI Afterburner Settings.
- Click on the Benchmark tab.
- Go to Global benchmark hotkeys.
- In the Begin recording, type Num1, and in the End recording field, type Num2.
Finally, save the settings and see if the issue persists. Hopefully, this will do the job for you.
3] Reinstall MSI Afterburner
If nothing worked, then your last resort is to reinstall MSI Afterburner. This solution will work for you in case your app is corrupted. So, to uninstall MSI Afterburner, follow the prescribed steps.
- Open Settings.
- Go to Apps > Apps & Features.
- Look for MSI Afterburner.
- For Windows 11: Click on three vertical dots and click on Uninstall. For Windows 10: Click on the app and click Uninstall.
Finally, download a fresh copy of the app from msi.com and install it on your system. Hopefully, this will do the job for you.
How do I enable Frame Rate in MSI Afterburner?
To enable Frame Rate, you need to configure MSI Afterburner settings. Check the first solution to enable the FPS counter in MSI Afterburner correctly. You need to go to MSI Afterburner settings, enable Framerate Avg and then Show in On-Screen Display. However, check the first solution to do the same.
How do I display FPS Counter?
There are various FPS Counter apps that you can download and install on your system. We have a list of some of the best FPS Counter you can try. Pick any of the mentioned software, download it, and enable it to make sure that you are having a constant framerate and smooth gameplay.