A lot of Call of Duty Modern Warfare games are irritated by an error message that prompts them to download the data pack even though everything is already installed. The issue can be seen on consoles as well as PCs. In this post, we are going to give you a detailed guide on how to resolve the issue.
Notice: You do not own or are missing the Data Pack 1 DLC. Please download and install.
Fix Modern Warfare missing Data pack but everything is installed
If Modern Warfare keeps telling you that the Data pack is missing but everything is installed, take these steps to resolve the issue:
- Check if the server is down
- Check your Internet Connection
- Install Data Pack
- Verify the integrity of game files
- Download the multiplayer pack
- Reinstall the game
- Contact the support team
Let’s talk about these solutions in detail.
1] Check if the server is down
We will start the troubleshooting guide by checking the server status of Activision at support.activision.com. Here we can see if there are any server issues in the game. If this is the case, then it is entirely beyond our control. We can only wait for the developers to address this issue and launch a solution.
2] Check your Internet Connection
Do check your internet connection to make sure there are no connectivity issues on your Windows 11/10 gaming rig. In case, the device you are running the game on has some issues, make sure to reboot it along with your network device.
3] Install Data Pack
You may face this error if Data Pack is not installed on your PC. In that case, download the data pack to make sure that this doesn’t happen. Here’s how you can do so:
- Launch the game and go to the screen where you see the error.
- Now, hit A on the Xbox controller. If there are things left to install, first install them.
- In case, everything is already installed, go to the game (the one that’s not launching) and then to Manage game and add-ons.
- Go to the game.
- If Data Pack 3 is not installed there, you need to click on the box associated with it and then start the installation process.
Wait for the installation to complete, and enjoy the game.
4] Verify the integrity of game files
Game files can get corrupted or missing due to recent updates or incomplete installations. Modern warfare missing data packs can be due to this very reason, hence, we will use the Scan and Repair option of Battle.net. It can verify the files, and replace corrupted files.
- Launch the Blizzard Battle.net desktop app and then Click on the Modern Warfare icon.
- Select Options (gear icon) and then click on Scan and Repair.
- Click on the Begin Scan option.
Once done, launch the game and see if this error message is still popping up on the screen.
5] Download the multiplayer pack
A lot of gamers complained about seeing this message in multiplayer mode. This can be due to a lack of important data packs that Modern warfare needs to operate. We can download the multiplayer pack and here’s how to do same:
- Press Options on your controller and then Manage game and add-ons.
- Select Call of Duty Modern Warfare.
- Install the Multiplayer Pack.
After the pack is installed, relaunch the game and see if you are able to play this time, if not move on to the next solution.
6] Reinstall the game
Due to a corrupted installation, the game may show you the missing data pack message. In such scenarios, a fresh installation of the game can help a great deal, therefore we are going to do the same:
- Launch the Battle.net app, and click on Modern Warfare.
- Select the Gear icon present beside the Play icon and select the Uninstall option.
- Follow the onscreen procedure for game uninstallation, and reboot your PC once the process is completed.
After that, launch Battle.net, install the game again, and hopefully, the same error message won’t trouble you anymore. If you are on Xbox, make sure to reinstall the game on it as well.
7] Contact the support team
Last but not least, if none of the above-mentioned solutions could help you solve this issue, contact customer service support, and go to the following address to inquire about the issue and ask for help on support.activison.com.
We hope that you are able to resolve the issue using the solutions mentioned above.
Why is Modern Warfare saying I have missing data packs?
You may see the error message if you have downloaded the game from anywhere. It’s necessary to purchase the game from authentic sites such as PlayStation Store or Microsoft Store. You may also encounter the issue if some of the files are missing, particularly, Data Pack and Multiplayer packs.
Read: COD: Modern Warfare Split Screen not working
How many GB is needed for Modern Warfare?
If you want to play Modern Warfare on a computer, make sure you have at least 15 GB of RAM. Not just memory, you also need Intel Core i5-2500K or AMD Ryzen R5 1600X Processors and Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4GB / GTX 1660 6GB or AMD Radeon R9 390 / AMD RX 580 Graphics. If you have these things, Modern Warfare will run smoothly.