Although it is not recommended to save the password in any browser, people often do that to accelerate the login part. If you are an iPad user who saves passwords in the Microsoft Edge browser, then this post will show you how you can manage, edit, and view saved passwords should the need arise.
Microsoft Edge is a fast web browser with all the essential functionalities. Like any other browser, Edge also allows users to save passwords so that users can sign into a website faster. However, it is not recommended to do that for obvious security reasons. If you have already done it earlier, and you want to delete them as soon as possible, here is what you can do. Also, let’s assume that you forgot the password of a website and you need to retrieve it from your browser. is post will help you here as well.
Manage saved passwords in Edge for iPad
To view, edit, manage saved passwords in Microsoft Edge for iPad, follow these steps-
- Open the Edge browser and go to Settings.
- Tap on Privacy and Security menu.
- Find out PASSWORDS heading.
- Tap on the Saved passwords option.
- Select a website that you want to manage.
- Do the needful work.
To understand all these steps in detail, keep reading.
At first, you need to open up the Microsoft Edge browser on your device and go to Settings. For that, tap on the three-dotted button visible on the top-right corner, and select Settings from the list. On the popup window, select Privacy and security option, and it should be the very first option you can find in this panel.
After that, find out the PASSWORDS section and tap on the Saved passwords button.
Now you can see all the websites where you saved your username and password. Tap on a website that you want to delete or manage from the list. From here, you can check the username, unveil the password, copy password to the clipboard, delete the entry from your list, etc.
By default, it shows dots as the password for security reasons. If you want to disclose and copy it, you need to tap the password reveal button that looks like an eye. After that, tap the copy button to get it in the clipboard.
Now, you can do the rest of the jobs. If you want to delete a saved password, you need to tap the Delete button and do the same on the confirmation window.
There are two more important options that you should know about, which are Offer to save passwords and Never saved.
- Offer to save passwords: Sometimes you might not want to get the password save prompt whenever you enter a username and password on a website. If you think that it is useless for you and you want to disable it entirely, you need to toggle the respective button. You should see the option after visiting the Privacy and security window.
- Never saved: Whenever you log into a website in Microsoft Edge browser, it shows a popup window with three options. One of them prevents the browser from saving your login credentials in the browser. If you used that option earlier, and you want to lift the ban now, this Never saved option will be handy for you. You need to remove the site from the list. For that, open up the Never saved menu, select a website, and remove it accordingly.
That’s all! I hope it helps.
Windows 10 user? See how to manage, view, delete saved passwords in new Microsoft Edge browser.