If you have a habit of writing a diary and you want to upgrade your daily dairy experience with this digital world, Journaley can help you. You can call Journaley a free diary app or a note-taking app. However, the most important thing is that this app works offline. This is the plus and minus point of this app. You cannot get this digital diary everywhere you want, as it does not work online. However, let’s check out the features of Journaley.
Free journal keeping software
Journaley is a free and open-source application that is available for Windows only. Although, the developers of this app have not mentioned any system requirements, yet, it runs on almost all Windows operating systems including Windows 10.
Journaley is up to the mark and it comes with some regular features that are very useful. This private journal app will let you set a password for security purpose too.
Although, Journaley comes with fewer features than other similar paid software offer, yet, it has some other great features to offer:
- The user interface is quite good. You can find it neat and clean since all the options are well organized.
- Organize notes according to tags.
- It has a built-in calendar that will let you check previous notes by date.
- Add “star” to highlight a particular note.
- You can add a featured image so that you can recognize a note quickly. It will help you to decorate your note as well.
- This is possible to set a password so that you can block unwanted people from checking your notes or journal.
- Built-in spell checker can help you find out silly mistakes.
- Adjust font size according to your wish.
- Change journal Save path whenever you want.
- You can delete the original image after adding it because it gathers images in the source folder.
Apart from these aforementioned advantages, the simplicity of this app will help you write notes easily.
This app comes with some drawbacks too, in my opinion. If you are going to use Journaley, you should know about these.
- It doesn’t contain any option to style and writing. For example, the minimum formatting options like bold, italic, underline, etc. are not available in this app. Apart from that, you will not get bullet points in your writing.
- You cannot include images inside the post. You can add only one image as a featured image.
- Although, Journaley has password protection, yet anybody can delete images and all the data from the source folder. The source folder has no password protection.
Considering all the pros and cons of this app, you can use Journaley only if you need basic journal-keeping software to keep notes or want to write your daily thoughts.
Journaley free download
You can download Journaley from here.