If you receive a message It looks like you don’t have any applicable device(s) linked to your Microsoft account then it appears because of the missing connection between your Microsoft account and the computer. The error usually appears when the user tries to download a game or software or an app from the Microsoft Store. The computer may be linked, but let’s take a look at possible solutions to resolve the problem. Here is the full error message
It looks like you don’t have any applicable device(s) linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account.
It looks like you don’t have any applicable device(s) linked to your Microsoft account.
It is always a good idea to restart the computer once and retry before taking one of the steps. At times its a network issue or a pending restart that causes the problem.
- Verify the computer
- Reset Microsoft Store
- Delete Microsoft Store Database Files
- Update Windows to the required version
- Store Device Limit
Make sure to try installing the app after every troubleshooting tip.
1] Verify the Computer with Microsoft Account
When you sign up with a Microsoft account on a Windows 10 PC, you may have to verify it. It’s not new and had been there for some time, and it makes sure to keep your account safe from fraudulent activity. If the PC where you are trying to download the app is not verified, follow out a detailed guide to verify your Microsoft account. It is a simple process where the security code is sent to your email id and phone number for verification.
If it’s a local Windows account, you can either add a Microsoft account or convert a local Windows account into a Microsoft account.
- Sign in using the local account.
- Go to Settings > Your Info section
- Select Sign in with a Microsoft account instead
Once done, you can open Microsoft Store and download the software.
2] Reset Microsoft Store
At times it is only a glitch, and resetting Microsoft Store will help, It is easy to reset Microsoft Store, and it works with an admin account.
- Open Microsoft Store, and click on your profile icon, and then on the listed account.
- Click on the sign-out option you receive. Once done, close the Microsoft Store.
- In the Start search, type wsreset.exe. On the result which appears, right-click and select Run as administrator.
- It will then relaunch the Microsoft Store. You need to sign-in using the same Microsoft account.
Once the sign-in is successful, check if the issue has been resolved by trying to install the app. You can also choose to run the Store troubleshooter in Windows 10.
3] Delete Microsoft Store Database Files
- In File Explorer, navigate to the following path.
- Delete DataStore.edb file. It is a Windows log file that keeps track of all Windows Updates applied to the system.
- Relaunch the Microsoft Store and check if you can install the app.
4] Update Windows to the required version
Some of the reports in the forum have pointed out that updating Windows also helps in resolving the problem. Check if there is a pending update. If yes, apply the update and restart the computer. If the game needs a particular version, it is usually called out for, but if that’s not the case, then updating may still help. Go to Settings > Update and Security > Check for Update or Install Update.
5] Check Device Limit
Microsoft allows the app from the Microsoft Store to be installed on a maximum of 10 computers under one account. It applies to both Xbox and Windows 10 PCs. Go to your Microsoft Devices section, and then choose to remove the device from the list. Try removing any of the non required devices from the list, and then install the app.
If you haven’t reached the limit, remove the current device, and then add it again. Adding the PC to your account is an easy process and all you need to sign-in again on the device when prompted.
I hope one of the solutions worked for you, and you were able to install the app on the intended device.