Nowadays, integrating Office apps and Outlook email on Android mobile devices has become popular. Microsoft has made the integration easy and smooth so that the users can access, edit and share their Office documents on the go. This also makes remote working possible and easy.
Let’s look at how to set up the different Office apps and email (Outlook) on Android devices.
How to set up Outlook email on Android device
It is fairly easy to download and install Outlook on an Android device.
Setting up Outlook on an Android device for the first time.
Follow the next steps if you are setting up Outlook for your Android device for the first time.
- Install the Outlook for Android app from the Google Play Store on your Android device and then open it.
- Tap on Get Started.
- Outlook automatically detects your Google accounts. To add them to Outlook for Android, tap on Google Connect Account and then tap OK to confirm. Tap Allow giving Outlook access to your Contacts.
- Select the email accounts you’d like to add and tap Add Account.
- You may be asked to sign in. In that case, enter your email ID credentials and tap sign-in.
- Now, tap Allow confirming offline access and any other prompts.
- You can add more accounts to Outlook by tapping Continue.
- If you don’t wish to add another email account, tap Skip.
If you don’t wish to add these Google accounts to Outlook, tap on Skip, then follow the next steps to add another account.
Setting up another email account on Outlook
The users who have already set up Outlook or those who don’t want to use their Google IDs in Outlook can follow the next steps.
They can add another email account with the following procedure.
- Open the Menu (three horizontal lines)
- Go to Settings (gear icon)
- Now click on Add Account
- Enter the full email ID you want to add to Outlook (For example [email protected]). Now tap on Continue.
- Enter your email account password and tap Sign in or Next.
- For security purposes, Microsoft Outlook comes with multi-factor authentication. A message will be prompted at the time of sign-in. Verify your identity at this stage. The message window may look as follows:
How to set up Office apps on Android device
Integrating Office apps and email on Android devices is pretty easy. There are two ways to get Office on your Android phone or tablet.
- You can install the Office mobile app that combines Word, Excel, and PowerPoint into a single app. Thus, with one app you can get all three Office apps. The Office mobile app also offers new mobile-centric features to view, edit and share files without the need to switch between multiple apps.
- Another way is to install Office apps individually.
You can use the Office mobile apps to work from anywhere. Simply sign in with a free Microsoft Account or a Microsoft 365 work or school account. As per your subscription, you can have the access to the app’s extra features.
Setting up the Office apps for the first time
If you are setting up the Office apps for the first time, follow the next steps:
- Open any Office app like Excel, PowerPoint, or Word.
- Sign in with your Microsoft account, or Microsoft 365 work or school account. Different devices are connected to a cloud. Hence, signing in to one Microsoft account lets the user access the Office files from any device.
Adding another account to Office apps
It is quite straightforward to add another account to Office apps. This step appears when you have already installed and set up Office apps and email on Android.
Follow the next steps to add another account to Office apps:
- Tap on Open (or Open other documents if you’re on a tablet). Now tap on Add a place. Add a place is an option that lets you connect to cloud storage
- If you are using OneNote, then tap on Settings and then on Accounts.
- Now choose the cloud service you want to add, such as OneDrive for business or Dropbox.
- Now enter the email address and password that you use to sign in to that service.
Thus, Office apps are set on your Android devices.
How do I set up my Office 365 email on my Android phone?
To set up an Android device with a Microsoft Office 365 or Exchange ActiveSync account, follow the next steps:
- Open your Android device’s Settings
- Now tap on Accounts. (For some devices, you will see Users & accounts instead of Accounts.)
- Now tap on Add account.
- Next, tap on Exchange.
- After this, enter your Microsoft Office 365 or Exchange ActiveSync email and credentials.
This way, your Office 365 email is set up on an Android phone.
Can I get Microsoft Office apps on my Android phone?
With the help of the Office app for Android, you can stay productive on the go. Create and edit new Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, or PowerPoint presentations as these apps can be operated on your Android phone as well.