Many users want to use different scaling levels for different monitor when using a dual monitor setup. If you are one of them and want to set a different scaling level for the second monitor in Windows 10, here is what you need to do. You do not need to install a third-party software since Windows 10 has this option by default.
Whatever screen resolution you have in your monitor, your PC shows the text, icon, etc. according to that specific resolution. Although you can increase the font size on Windows 10, you may not be able to make this change monitor-wise. It means that increasing the text size won’t increase the size of icons. That’s why you can use this method to keep the default scaling on one monitor and change it on the second or third monitor.
Set different display scaling level for the second monitor
To set a different scaling level for the second monitor in Windows 10, follow these steps-
- Open Windows Settings
- Go to System > Display
- Select the monitor of which you want to change the scaling level
- Scroll down to the Scale and layout section
- Select a scaling level from the drop-down list
So first, open the Windows Settings panel by pressing Win+I buttons together. Now you need to click on the System menu. Here you can find an option called Display. If you are landed on a different section, switch to the Display tab.
On your right-hand side, you can find all the monitors that are currently connected to your CPU. You need to choose a monitor of which you want to change the scaling level. In case you do not remember your monitor number, you can click the Identify button, and it will show you the monitor number instantly.
After selecting a monitor, you must scroll down to the Scale and layout heading. Here you should see a drop-down menu that you need to expand and choose a scaling level. As usual, there are four different scaling settings – 100%, 125%, 150%, and 175%.
The scaling of your monitor should be changed immediately after selecting an option from the drop-down menu.
There are three things you should know related to the scaling.
- If you have a 3-monitor setup and you want to change the scaling level of two of them, you need to follow the same steps for each of them separately.
- You can use the Custom scaling option for the second monitor. To make use of that feature, you need to click the Advanced scaling settings option. Scroll down to find the Custom scaling box, where you need to enter a scaling level according to your requirement.
- If some apps are blurry after changing the scaling, you can enable Let Windows try to fix apps so they’re not blurry option that you can find the Advanced scaling settings window.
TIP: Do you know that you can set different wallpaper on dual monitors in Windows 10?