Some users have been having problems removing old cached credentials and accounts from the web version of Microsoft Teams. In this post we will show you how to delete old accounts from Teams on the web, clear Microsoft Teams credentials via Explorer or Control Panel & remove Teams account from Windows 11 Settings.
How to delete old accounts from Teams on the web
If you want to learn how to remove old, cached credentials and accounts from Microsoft Teams on the Web, then we suggest following the simple steps laid out in this article:
- Open your -web browser
- Navigate to Teams on the web
- Click on Sign out
- Choose the preferred account
- Delete cookies to clear old cached credentials
Launch the web browser and find your way to the web version of Teams.
Simply type teams.microsoft.com in the address bar of your web browser.
Hit the Enter key to load the official page.
From there, sign in with your official account credentials.
We suspect that you are using multiple Teams accounts, and the good news is that all users can switch between either with ease, and the same goes for removing them.
To remove a troubled account, then, you should click on the Profile Picture.
You should see a dropdown context menu.
From that menu, please click on the Manage Account button to move forward.
Finally, you must select which account you want to sign out from. As per usual, this won’t take up a moment of your time.
At this time, you will see a small list of all the accounts that are currently signed into Teams.
Click on the three-dotted menu button beside the account.
Select the Switch option from the context menu.
Wait for the page to load as the system opens the chosen account.
Click the Profile Picture, then select Sign Out, and that’s it for that.
In terms of deleting the old, cached credentials that are tied to Teams on the web, you are required to delete the cookies from your web browser.
This post will show you how to clear Cookies, Site Data, Cache for specific websites in Chrome, Edge, Firefox and Opera.
How to clear Microsoft Teams credentials using Explorer
Microsoft Teams credentials can be deleted on a shared computer if the settings folder is removed from the system. If you do not know how to get this done, let us explain.
To clear Microsoft Teams credentials. open File Explorer and find your way to the following folder:
When you see Microsoft.AAD.BrokerPlugin_* folder, please delete it.
This folder contains settings relating to Microsoft Teams account credentials.
Clear Teams credentials via Control Panel
Another solution to try here is to clear Microsoft Teams credentials from within the Credentials Manager.
- Open the Control Panel.
- From there, select User Accounts from the list of available options.
- Look to the right section and click on Credentials Manager.
- Navigate to Windows Credentials, then expand the Microsoft Office 365/Teams section.
- Click the Remove button, then confirm by selecting Yes.
- Close the Control Panel, and be sure after that to relaunch Microsoft Teams.
Sign in once more with your Microsoft Account, and that’s it, you’re done.
Remove Teams account from Windows 11 Settings
The final option here is to remove the Teams account from the Windows 11 Settings area.
- Open the Settings app
- Select Email & Accounts
- Remove the offending device
- Add the account again
To open the Settings app, please click on the Windows key + I.
- From the main page of Settings, click on Accounts on the left panel.
- After that, please click on Email & Accounts.
- Look for the category that reads, Accounts used by other apps.
- Expand the Microsoft 365 section, then click on Manage.
- A webpage will load in your default web browser.
- Sign in with your Microsoft account.
- Select the View All Devices option.
- Locate your device, then click on Remove Device.
Finally, you must return to the Settings menu in Windows 11.
Navigate back to Email & Accounts, then add your Microsoft 365 account once more.
After that is done, restart Microsoft Teams to see if the cached credentials have been cleared.
READ: Microsoft Teams Web app not working or loading
How do I clear cache in Microsoft Teams?
Clearing the Microsoft Teams Cache will only take a short moment of your time. Simply open File Explorer then navigate to %appdata%\Microsoft\teams. Open all the following folders and delete the contents within them:
- %appdata%\Microsoft \teams\application cache\cache
- %appdata%\Microsoft \teams\blob_storage
- %appdata%\Microsoft \teams\Cache
- appdata%\Microsoft \teams\databases
- appdata%\Microsoft \teams\GPUcache
- appdata%\Microsoft \teams\IndexedDB
- appdata%\Microsoft \teams\Local Storage
- appdata%\Microsoft \teams\tmp
Restart Microsoft Teams when the action above has been completed.
How do I remove old logins from Teams?
In terms of removing old login credentials from Microsoft Teams, this is something else that is easy to do. You can open the app and sign out of all accounts since it is possible to have multiple accounts tied to your Teams app. Alternatively, it is possible to remove old logins from the Accounts section via the Settings app located under Email & Accounts.