Outlook Calendar is an efficient and useful organization tool if you are one of those regularly scheduled meetings. When you have several meetings aligned in a day, knowing who will be attending a meeting can ensure that the event is well-organized. Microsoft Office 365 provides excellent tools for the same. It equips the users with digital calendars that can track calendared events easily. Once you invite for a meeting, all you need to do is just wait for a virtual RSVP. Here is a step-by-step guide to knowing who is attending a meeting in Outlook.
How to know who is attending a meeting in Outlook?
Once the meeting is created, you become the meeting organizer. Being an organizer, you now have access to details that the attendees do not have. You can check the status of the attendees as required. You can use their email addresses in addition to their responses for email when needed.
Follow the next steps to track the attendees:
- Click the Calendar tab in Outlook.
- Open the scheduled meeting and click on the Tracking tab.
- This opens the list of attendees. You can see how many people have accepted, declined, or have not yet responded to the invitation in the response column.
- An attendee is not required to send any response. Hence, if they have not recorded a response, you cannot track their attendance using the Outlook Calendar app. You can contact the invited participant who has not responded yet.
- Only a meeting organizer can view the tracking option. If the meeting is organized using Microsoft 365, attendees who are using it can view the meeting.
Printing meeting attendee lists
When the list of attendees is longer than you can remember, then a printed list can come in handy. Follow the next steps to get a list and print it.
- Go to the Calendar section in Outlook.
- Double-click the meeting that is scheduled on the calendar.
- Go to Tracking and click on Copy Status to Clipboard tab.
- You can now paste this list into a Word document or an Excel sheet by clicking Ctrl + V.
- Now, you can print this list.
There is no option yet to check the date and time stamp of the attendees. In case you need an attendee’s timestamp, you can check and save email notifications received to keep a record of when you received the responses.
Microsoft Outlook is useful in planning a meeting of any size and, the Tracking option can help you track your attendees. You can easily organize a meeting with attendees from five to five hundred and still track how many attended. Try the above instructions to track your attendees. Do let us know in case of any suggestions.
Why the attendees are not showing up in the Outlook meetings?
There could be several reasons why the list of attendees is not populating. Try to look for basic problems such as poor internet connection. Without access to the Internet, Outlook won’t be able to download data from an IMAP account or the Exchange. However, it is also recommended to reset the Calendar view by restarting the program.
How to see who has accepted a meeting in Microsoft Teams?
It is possible to see who has accepted the meeting in Microsoft Teams. For this, follow the next steps:
- Go to Calendar. It displays your meeting and appointment schedule for the current Day or Workweek or Week. This depends on what option you have selected to view the calendar.
- Double-click on the meeting you want to see who has accepted it.
- It opens the meeting details such as the Title of the meeting, list of attendees, timing, and so on. On the right side of these details, you will see the Tracking pane.
- The Tracking pane displays the name of the organizer as well of that of the attendees.
- Below the name of each attendee, you can see if the person has Accepted (in color Green), Declined (in color Red), or selected Tentative (in color Grey) for the meeting.
Unlike Outlook, in Microsoft Teams, you can see who is attending the meeting, even when you are not the Organizer.