Backgrounds are described as settings that are the furthest away from the viewer; it can be a picture, a scene, or a design. Have you ever thought to create a background in your word document that looks like an artistic pencil sketch? In this tutorial, we will explain the procedure of how to create a background with a pencil sketch effect in Word.
How to create a Background with a Pencil Sketch effect in Word
Follow the steps below on how to create a background with a pencil sketch effect in Word.
- Launch Microsoft Word.
- Click the Insert tab, select Picture, then choose the source where you want the picture to come from.
- Choose a picture from the selected source, then click OK.
- Go to the Picture Format tab, click the Artistic button, and select the Pencil Sketch effect from the menu.
- The Picture is converted into a pencil sketch.
- Right-click the picture and select Save as Picture.
- Save the picture.
- Click the Design Tab, then click the Page Color button.
- Select Fill Effect.
- Select the Picture button.
- Select File.
- Choose the Pencil sketch you have saved and then click Insert.
- Then click Ok.
- Now we have a pencil sketch background.
Launch Microsoft Word.
Click Insert and select Pictures in the Images group, then choose the source you want the picture to come from (This Device, Stock Images, and Online Images.)
Choose a picture from any of the following sources above, then click Insert.
Now we have the picture on the slide.
Click on the picture and go to the Picture Format tab.
Click the Artistic button in the Adjust group and select the Pencil Sketch Effect from the menu.
The picture is converted into a pencil sketch.
Now save the picture as a file by right-clicking the picture and selecting Save as Picture from the context menu.
A Save as Picture dialog box will open, name the picture, then click Save.
Click the Design tab, then click the Page Color button in the Page Background group.
Select Fill Effects in the menu.
A Fill Effects dialog box will open; click the Picture tab.
On the Picture tab, click the Select Picture button.
An Insert Picture dialog box will open; Select the option From File.
Choose the Pencil sketch you have saved, then click Insert.
Then click Ok.
Now we have a pencil sketch background in Microsoft Word.
How do you make a picture look like a painting?
Follow the steps below to make your photo look like a painting in Microsoft Word.
- Insert Picture.
- Ensure that the picture is selected.
- On the Format Picture tab.
- Click the Artistic Effect button in the Adjust group.
- In the drop-down menu, there are three Artistic effects that can make your picture look like a painting, namely, Paint Strokes, Paint Brush, and Watercolor Sponge.
- Choose an option.
How do you use pencil sketch artistic effect in Word?
To use the pencil sketch artistic effect in Word, you need to insert the image first in your Word document. Then, switch to the Picture Format tab in the toolbar and find the Artistic Effects option. Next, you can find the pencil sketch option in the list that you need to select to apply the effect.
How do you make an image look like it was sketched?
To make an image look like it was sketched in Word, you can use the Artistic Effects option that is included in the Picture Format tab. It appears when you insert an image into your document and click on it to set the image. There is an effect which looks like pencil sketch. You can select this effect to get the job done.
We hope you understand how to create a background with a pencil sketch effect in Microsoft Word.