HandBrake is a free multiplatform, multithreaded video conversion tool that will help you to convert DVD into MP4 or MKV format easily. Using this free DVD ripping tool you can easily convert video files from your DVD to other formats that can be used with your other supported devices. The user interface of the software is easy and even a beginner can use it easily.
HandBrake video conversion tool review
HandBrake converts only those DVDs that can be played in the DVD player. So if you got a video files in formats like AVI, MPG, etc, then it won’t convert.
Features of HandBrake
There are several reasons for you to love this application. Some of these are listed below-
- Easy to use and understand
- Can convert video nearly almost to every format
- Free and Open Source software
- Support multiple platform
- You can select the chapter and title
- Support multiple video filters like Deinterlacing, Decomb, Denoise, Grayscale, Cropping and Scaling
- Constant quality of the video
If you want to convert your DVD video files so that it could work on the number of supported devices, then here are the simple and easy steps that you need to follow:
1. Click on the ‘Source’ button that is there on top of the main window. Here you need to select your source file which you want to convert. Open Video_TS folder or a batch of files. If you have inserted any DVD then HandBrake with automatically scan your DVD to read all titles and chapters. You can also select a single file as a source file by clicking on ‘File’ option under Source button.
2. After selecting the source file, the next thing to do is to select the destination where you want to have your converted video. Now here you need to decide what format of the file you want to have it after video conversion is completed. There is a ‘Presets Toggle’ bar which is there on the left hand side of the window. You can select any of those present in the list.
3. Before you proceed to the ‘Start’ button to start video conversion you can still make many changes in the setting of the resulting video. You can find all the setting buttons on the lower side of the main window screen.
Here are some things that you can do with the output video:
Picture: You can select and change the size of the picture and can crop it as well.
Filters: Can apply various filters like denoise, deblock etc.
Video: Can change the video codec and frame rate of the video file and can also make changes in the quality of the result video.
Audio: You can also make changes to the sound part of the video, and can remove the sound as well.
Subtitles: Can add and remove the subtitle track. It can also be imported in the ‘. SRT’ format.
Chapters: Here you can select the desire chapters you want and can import and export the chapters as well.
4. When you are done with all the video and audio settings of the resultant file, then click on ‘Start’ to start the video conversion process. It may take less time to convert the video, but you will surely get happy after watching the output file as the quality of the video file doesn’t get affected during the whole conversion. You can also preview the output video by clicking on ‘Preview’ option that is there on top of the main window.
Handbrake also offers the general settings option for the application under ‘Tools’ option on top of the windows. You can add videos to the Queue and can see them by clicking on ‘Show Queue’ option.
HandBrake free download
The total size of the HandBrake software is 16 MB and it’s free to download and use Just click on this link to download it.