There are a number of Blue Screen of Death errors that you might have encountered, and we have covered a number of errors and their fixes too. There are some error codes that are the same for different system files. This article is about the file win32kbase.sys.
This error can be encountered along with the following error messages:
- A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. The problem seems to be caused by the following file: Win32kbase.sys.
- Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. If you would like to know more, you can search online later for this error: win32kbase.sys.
- SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kbase.sys)
- STOP 0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_EQUAL – win32kbase.sys
- STOP 0x0000001E: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED – win32kbase.sys
- STOP 0×00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA – win32kbase.sys.
Fixing this error is fairly straightforward.
Win32kbase.sys BSOD error on Windows 10
Win32kbase.sys is a Windows operating system Base Win32 Kernel Driver file, which is located in the System32 folder. If it gets corrupted or goes missing, your computer could throw up a Blue Screen.
To fix this error, we recommend the following 3 solutions:
- Run Check Disk utility
- Run System File Checker
- Run DISM to repair corrupt system image.
1] Run Check Disk Utility
To manually run ChkDsk on your System Drive (C), using the command line, type the following and hit Enter:
chkdsk /f C:
If required, restart your computer.
2] Using System File Checker
Right-click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (Admin). Now, type in the following command to run System File Checker and then hit Enter.
Restart your system after the scan is completed. If that does not help, you may need to run SFC at boot time.
3] Using DISM
You may repair potentially corrupted system image using DISM Tool. If a Windows image becomes unserviceable, you can use the Deployment Imaging and Servicing Management (DISM) tool to update the files and correct the problem.
To run the DISM Tool, hit the WINKEY + X combination and click on Command Prompt (Admin).
Now enter the following three commands sequentially and one by one:
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Let these DISM commands run and wait until they execute.
Hope this helps!