In this post, we’ll see how to resolve Snap Camera No available camera input problem. Snap Camera is free to use camera application for Windows PC. You can use it to apply different filters to the image. But while using the application on the system, many users have reported coming across the error No available camera input. The problem mainly occurs while using the application in Google Meet and Zoom. So, if you are also facing the same message, try the solutions below to get rid of the problem.
Snap Camera No available camera input
Below is a list of effective solutions to fix No available camera input error in Snap Camera on Windows PC.
- Restart the application
- Update Camera Driver
- Give required permissions to Snap Camera
- Clear the cache
- Update the application
- Disable VPN
- Reset default camera settings
Let’s see the solutions in detail.
1] Restart the application
One of the best things you can do in the situation is to force restart the application. As it turns out, the problem can be temporary and can easily be fixed with force restart. Here are the steps you need to follow to force restart Snap Camera.
- Open the Task Manager by pressing the Ctrl + Shift + Esc hotkeys.
- Right-click on Snap Camera and choose End task.
- Now, relaunch the application and check if the problem is fixed or not.
If yes, you are good to go. But in case the problem continues, continue with the guide.
2] Update Camera Driver
The problem in the question can result from outdated camera drivers. As a solution to it, you will have to download the latest camera driver update to fix the problem. Below are the steps to do it.
- Press the Windows + X key, and choose Device Manager from the list.
- Double click on Cameras to expand the option.
- Right-click on the installed Webcam and choose the Update driver option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to download the latest Camera driver update.
Once the process is complete, launch the app and check if you still face the problem.
3] Give required permissions to Snap Camera
Snap Camera needs to access your Webcam to offer its service. But if you haven’t provided it the permission, you will face the problem in the question. You will have to allow Snap Camera to access the Webcam to fix the issue. Here’s how it’s done.
- Open Settings and click on the Privacy & security options present on the left panel of the screen.
- Click on Camera present under App permissions.
- In the following window, enable the toggle present next to Let desktop apps access your camera.
Exit the window and launch the application. Check if the problem continues. If yes, try the next solution on the list.
4] Clear the cache
Like any other application, Snap Camera stores cache data as well. It helps in a faster and smoother user experience. But on the negative side, if these cache data gets corrupted, you will face different issues, including the problem in the question. So, it’s recommended to keep clearing the application cache regularly. Here’s how to do it.
- Open Snap Camera on your Windows PC.
- Click on the Gear icon present in the top-right corner.
- In the following window, click on the View option present under Cache and App use.
- Checkmark the Cache box, and click on Clear selected.
Relaunch the application and check for the problem.
5] Update the application
Not having the latest Snap Camera update can also be the reason behind the problem. Each update comes with performance improvement and bug fixes. And from what it looks like, the mentioned problem has mainly resulted from a temporary bug. Thus, it’s recommended to update the application to fix the problem. Here’s how to do it.
- Launch Snap Camera, and click on the Gear icon.
- Click the Check for updates option present on the left panel of the screen.
The application will search for any available updates. If found, download it to resolve the problem.
6] Disable VPN
For many users, the problem was fixed by disabling the VPN. So, you can go through the same process and check if it solves the problem for you as well.
7] Reset default camera settings
The problem can occur due to misconfigured settings. The best thing you can do in the situation is to go through the reset process. Here’s how to reset the Snap Camera settings.
- Open Settings, and go-to Bluetooth & devices.
- Click on Cameras > Snap Camera.
- Click on Reset settings present next to Reset default camera settings.
Why is my Snap Camera not working on PC?
Snap Camera is compatible with even low-end devices, so if it is not working on your PC, the problem can be temporary. The best thing you can do in this situation is to restart the application. If this doesn’t solve the issue, go with the reinstallation process.
Is Snap Camera available for PC?
Yes, Snap Camera is available for PC. The application lets you enjoy all the Snapchat filters on your Windows PC. Plus, you can integrate the application with different applications like Zoom and Google Meet.
Read Next: Laptop Camera or Webcam not working.