This post features solutions to fix Error Code 0xCAA70010 in Office 365. It usually occurs while signing in or updating Office 365. The complete error message reads:
We can’t connect you.
It looks like we can’t connect to one of our services at the moment. Please try again later, or contact your helpdesk if the issue persists.
Fortunately, you can follow some simple suggestions to fix it.
Fix Error Code 0xCAA70010 in Office 365
Restart your device and clear credential cache data to see if the error code 0xCAA70010 in Office 365 gets fixed. However, if that doesn’t help, follow these suggestions:
- Check Internet Connection
- Verify Login Credentials
- Clear Credential Cache Data
- Disable VPN/Proxy
- Disable Antivirus and Firewall Temporarily
- Repair Office 365 Installation
Now let’s see these in detail.
1] Check Internet Connection
A stable and fast internet connection is crucial for accessing Office 365 services. Make sure your device is connected to a good internet connection by performing a speed test. If the speed comes less than the plan you’ve opted for, consider restarting your modem and router or contact your service provider.
2] Verify Login Credentials
Next, check if the login credentials you’re entering are correct. Also, try entering your old password and check if that works. However, if it doesn’t work, click on forgot password and follow the steps to recover your password.
3] Clear Credential Cache Data
Cached credential data can often cause authentication errors in Office 365. This could be why the error code 0xCAA70010 keeps troubling you. Clear the credential cache data and see if the error gets fixed. Here’s how:
- Press Start, type Credential Manager, and hit Enter.
- Navigate to Windows Credentials.
- Here, locate credentials associated with Office 365 and click on Remove.
4] Disable VPN/Proxy
A VPN or Proxy connection provides a gateway between users and the internet to hide the device’s IP address. It can cause the error code 0xCAA70010 in Office 365 if the service you’re trying to access isn’t available in the area. Disable your VPN/Proxy connection and see if the error’s fixed. Here’s how:
- Press the Windows key + I to open Settings.
- Navigate to Network & Internet > Proxy.
- Here, toggle off the Automatically detect settings option.
- Click the Set up option next to Use a proxy server and toggle off the Use a proxy server option.
5] Disable Antivirus or Firewall Temporarily
Antivirus and Windows Firewall can interrupt Office 365 and cause the error code 0xCAA70010. Disable Windows Defender Firewall and Antivirus software and see if the error’s fixed.
6] Repair Office 365 Installation
If none of these steps could help you, consider repairing Office 365. It has been known to help most users get over this error. Here’s how to do it:
- Press Windows Key + I to open Settings.
- Click on Apps > Apps & Features.
- Now scroll down, click on the office product you want to repair, and select Modify.
- Click Online Repair and follow the instructions on-screen.\
We hope these suggestions helped you.
How do I fix Office 365 installation error?
To fix the Office 365 installation error, restart your device and try installing Office again. However, if that doesn’t help, uninstall any previous versions of Office and try installing the desired version in clean boot mode.
What is error code 0xCAA70010 in Teams?
The error 0xCAA70010 occurs if the ADFS server is using a self-signed certificate. To fix this, delete the designated certificate from the credential manager. However, if that doesn’t work, disable VPN/Proxy if you’re connected to one and repair the Office app.