This post features solutions to fix COD Warzone 2 WHITELIST FAILURE Error. Warzone 2.0 is a free-to-play battle royale video game developed by Infinity Ward and published by Activision. But many users have complained about the WHITELIST FAILURE error in COD Warzone 2. Fortunately, you can follow some simple steps to fix it.
What does WHITELIST FAILURE mean in Warzone?
WHITELIST FAILURE error message appears when the players of COD Warzone try to access an ongoing match. That many players are accidentally banned at the server level in some regions of the world and won’t be able to access the game.
Fix COD Warzone WHITELIST FAILURE error
The WHITELIST FAILURE error in COD Warzone 2 usually occurs due to server errors. However, sometimes restarting the game & router can help fix it. If that doesn’t help, here are some tested fixes:
- Check System Compatibility
- Scan the Game Files
- Run Warzone 2 as an Admin
- Whitelist COD Warzone 2 in Windows Defender Firewall
- Reinstall the Game
Now let us see these in detail.
1] Check System Compatibility
Before getting started with different troubleshooting methods, check if your device meets the minimum requirements. It’s possible your device doesn’t meet the minimum requirements to run COD Warzone 2. The minimum requirements to run Warzone 2 are:
- OS: Windows 11/10 64 Bit
- Processor: Intel Core i3-6100 / Core i5-2500K or AMD Ryzen 3 1200
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 or AMD Radeon RX 470 – DirectX 12.0 compatible system
- DirectX: Version 12
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 125 GB available space
2] Scan the Game Files
The game files can get corrupted due to a bug or a recent update. This could also be why the whitelist failure error keeps troubling you. Verify the game files on your PC and check if the problem is fixed. Here is how it’s done:
- Open Steam and click on Library.
- Right-click on Call of Duty Warzone 2.0.exe from the list.
- Select Properties > Local Files
- Then click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- Launch the Battle.net client and click on Call of Duty Warzone 2.0.
- Click on the Gear icon and select Scan and Repair.
- Now click on Begin Scan and wait for the process to complete.
- Close the Battle.net launcher, and restart your PC once done.
3] Run Warzone 2 as an Admin
Running the game as an administrator makes sure the game doesn’t crash due to a lack of permissions. Here’s how to do it:
- Right-click on the Call of Duty Warzone 2.0.exe shortcut file on your device.
- Click on Properties.
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab.
- Check the option Run this program as an administrator.
- Click on OK to save changes.
4] Whitelist COD Warzone 2 in Windows Defender Firewall
Windows Firewall sometimes interferes with the game’s processes and makes it malfunction. Allowing a program in Windows Firewall can help fix this error on Warzone 2.0. Here’s how:
- Press the Windows key + I to open Settings.
- Navigate to Privacy & Security > Windows Security > Firewall & network protection.
- In the Firewall tab, click on Allow an app through firewall.
- On the next page, click on Change settings and select Allow another app.
- On the Allowed apps window, locate COD Warzone 2.0 and check both the Private and Public boxes.
5] Reinstall the Game
If none of the above-mentioned workarounds are able to help you, the game’s core files might be corrupted. To fix this, remove all files of COD Warzone 2 from your system, and start installing it again.