In this post, we will show you how to fix Error CAA50024, We weren’t able to register your device and add your account to Windows in Microsoft Teams. The BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) trend has encouraged users to use their personally owned devices for office work. However, using a business account on personal laptops may bring issues sometimes.
One such issue is Error CAA50024 in Microsoft Teams. A few users have not been able to sign into the Teams app using their work account on a personally owned device. Each time they try to sign in to the app, they get the following error message:
Something went wrong.
We weren’t able to register your device and add your account to Windows. Your access to org resources may be limited.
We couldn’t sign you in. If this error persists, contact your system administrator and provide the error code CAA50024.
Additional problem information
Error code: CAA50024
If you’re experiencing the same error and want to know how to get rid of it, continue reading. In this post, we will discuss why this error occurs and share some solutions that help resolve the error.
Fix Microsoft Teams CAA50024
Error CAA50024, We weren’t able to register your device and add your account to Windows may occur under various circumstances. In some cases, the error appears when a device tries to auto-enroll into Microsoft Intune, but the user either does not have Auto-MDM enrollment enabled or does not possess a valid license for Intune. The error may also appear if the user has accidently ‘allowed’ his organization/school to manage his personal device via any of the Microsoft 365 apps.
To fix error CAA50024 in Microsoft Teams, we recommend using the following solutions:
- Stop allowing your organization/school to manage your device.
- Request your IT administrator to assign you a valid Intune license.
- Request your IT administrator to remove you from the MDM-related security group.
Let us have a look at these solutions in detail.
1] Stop Allowing your Organization to Manage your Device
When you add a school or work account to your Windows PC for the first time, you may accidentally click on the ‘Allow my organization to manage my device’ prompt. Accepting this prompt gives your organization/school the right to enroll your device in its Azure Active Directory. By enrolling your device, your organization/school gains access to a lot of information about your device using Microsoft Intune.
To prevent error CAA50024, you may revoke your organization’s/school’s ability to manage your device.
- Log in to Windows using a local or Microsoft account (other than your work account) that has administrator privilege.
- Click on the Windows Search icon and type ‘credential manager’.
- Click on the Credential Manager app that shows up.
- Click on the Windows Credentials option.
- If you see any Microsoft/Office365 app credentials listed, click on the dropdown arrow to expand the record and then click on the Remove link.
- Now click on the Start button icon.
- Select Settings.
- Click on Accounts in the left panel.
- In the right panel, click on Access work or school under Account settings.
- Select the school/work account.
- Click on the Disconnect button.
- Click on Yes in the confirmation prompt that appears.
- Next, click on Disconnect in the Disconnect from the organization dialogue box. This will disconnect Windows from your work or school account.
- You will be asked to enter the login information of an alternate account. Enter information of the same account with which you have signed into Windows (in step 1).
- Click on the OK button.
- A popup to restart Windows will appear. Click on the Restart now button.
- Launch Teams and log in using your work account.
- Uncheck the ‘Allow my organization to manage my device’ prompt.
- Click on the This app only or No, sign in to this app only link.
Also, if you do not want your organization to monitor personal data on your computer, you may request your IT administrator to remove your account from the company’s Azure AD portal.
2] Request your IT administrator to assign you a valid Intune license
Error CAA50024 appears when your device tries to auto-enroll to Microsoft Intune but you do not have a valid Intune license. MDM integration using Azure AD is a premium feature that can be used by licensed users only. Request your IT administrator to assign you a product license to help prevent CAA50024 Error in Teams.
3] Request your IT administrator to remove you from the MDM-related security group
If a license can’t be assigned to you, request the administrator to remove you from the MDM-related security group. MDM User Scope in the Azure AD portal determines which users can automatically enroll for device management with Intune. When your device no longer attempts to enroll with Intune, error CAA50024 will resolve automatically.
We sincerely hope the above methods will helps resolve CAA50024 Error in Teams. Please contact your IT administrator for any further assistance.
Also Read: Fix Microsoft Teams Login issues: We couldn’t sign you in.
What is login error CAA50024 in Microsoft Teams?
Read Next: How to fix Microsoft Teams Error CAA5009D.