Activity reporting is available if you have a child in your Family group. If you’re experiencing family activity reporting issues in Windows 10, Xbox One & Microsoft Launcher, then this post might interest you. We will provide measures that can help you redress the family activity reporting issues on these Microsoft products.
When you add your child to your family group and turn on activity reporting, you’ll get weekly activity report emails that show you a summary of their activity on Windows 10 and Xbox One devices, including websites they visited, games and apps they used, terms they searched for on search engines like Bing, Google, or Yahoo! Search, and how much screen time they had.
The email gives you a lot of info about your child’s activities on their devices, but to see even more detail – or to change their family settings – go to their Activity page.
Family Features screen time Activity report not working
If you’re having issues with family activity reporting on Windows 10, here are what you can try:
1] Check that your child’s Microsoft account didn’t expire on their device
- Have the child sign in with their Microsoft account on their device.
- Click Start > Settings > Accounts .
- Select Verify and follow the prompts to verify their account.
If you don’t see the Verify option, open Microsoft Edge on your child’s device and verify the account.
2] Check the privacy settings on your child’s device
- Select the Start button, then select Settings > Privacy > Diagnostics & feedback and make sure the diagnostic data level is set to Enhanced or Full.
- If the device usage data seems inaccurate, keep in mind that idle time counts as screen time, but doesn’t count as usage.
3] Try rebooting your family’s devices
- Select Start > Power > Restart.
4] Make sure your family’s devices have the latest Windows updates
- Select Start > Settings > Update & security > Windows Update > Check for updates and install any available updates.
If you’re having issues with family activity reporting on Xbox One, you can try the troubleshooting steps as outlined above for Windows 10 to ensure that your family features are set up correctly and have the current updates.
If you’re not getting app activity reports from your child’s Android device when it’s running Microsoft Launcher, you can try the following:
1] Check that Activity reporting is turned on
- Sign in to your family group with your adult account.
- Find your child’s name.
- Select Activity.
- Expand Manage.
- Then turn on Activity reporting.
2] Make sure Microsoft Launcher has permission
- If you see a banner notification at the top of your child’s device saying the launcher needs permission for certain features to work, tap the notification and then follow the instructions.
- If you don’t see a notification banner, swipe left from the home screen, and look for your child’s profile at the top of the feed. You’ll see a message if your child needs to turn the permission on. Tap on the message and follow the steps on the screen.
Hope this helps!
- Tags: Family Safety