Microsoft Outlook provides you with an option to edit received emails in Outlook. The changes you make on the received email will be saved locally for your references and would not reflect the change in the email for the sender or the other email recipients. In this article, we walk you through the steps on how to edit received emails in Microsoft Outlook using Windows PC.
Emails are an efficient and productive way of transmitting all kinds of data. It is the most sought after way of communication for a lot of companies, business and is the go-to medium for a lot of people in the workplace.
However, sometimes you may receive an email with a subject line which is empty or a subject which doesn’t deliver an appropriate description for you to identify the email for later use. Most often an email message is filled with a lot of unwanted texts like the signatures or a list of the unneeded addresses and information.
In such cases, you may want to have an option that would allow you to add an appropriate subject and edit the message on a received email. If you are looking out for a suitable way to edit the received email’s subjected line and message, you are in the right place.
Edit received Email in Microsoft Outlook
- Launch Microsoft Outlook on your computer.
- In your mailbox, search the email you want to edit.
- Double click on the email to make changes in a separate window.
- Now in the toolbar ribbon of the mail, go to Move section and click the Actions button from the menu.
- Select the Edit Message from the drop-down menu. This opens the email in editing mode.
Edit a subject line of a received message
To edit the subject line of the email, click the subject field on the mail.
Change the subject line.
Click the Save button on the upper left corner of the Email window.
Edit a text body of a received message
- To edit the email’s message, click the body text below the subject line.
- Edit the message. You can delete the entire message, remove unnecessary data, make corrections or type additional data as you want.
- Once done, Click the Save button to apply the changes.
The above changes made will appear only on your mailbox and they won’t be reflected on the sender’s email or any other recipients.
- Tags: Outlook