What is Evercookie
Evercookie accomplishes this by storing the cookie data in several types of storage mechanisms that are available on the local browser. Additionally, if evercookie has found that the user has removed any of the types of cookies in question, it recreates them using each mechanism available.
Specifically, when creating a new cookie, it uses the following storage mechanisms when available:
- Standard HTTP Cookies
- Local Shared Objects (Flash Cookies)
- Silverlight Isolated Storage
- Storing cookies in RGB values of auto-generated, force-cached PNGs using HTML5 Canvas tag to read pixels (cookies) back out
- Storing cookies in Web History
- Storing cookies in HTTP ETags
- Storing cookies in Web cache
- window.name caching
- Internet Explorer userData storage
- HTML5 Session Storage
- HTML5 Local Storage
- HTML5 Global Storage
- HTML5 Database Storage via SQLite
Remove or delete EverCookies
BleachBit is a cleaner which claims to deletes evercookies. It supports Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari and also works and Windows & Linux platforms.
Firefox users can also try Anonymizer Nevercookie, a free Firefox plugin that protects against the Evercookie API.
Now read: What information is available about you on the internet when online.