Are you encountering error code 8018 on the Dead by Daylight game? Here is a full guide to help you fix Dead by Daylight error code 8018 on your Windows PC and Xbox console. Dead By Daylight (DBD) is an online survival horror asymmetric multiplayer game which is getting more popular day by day. It is loved by millions of gaming enthusiasts. But, like any other game and service, it is also not devoid of errors. There are some errors and issues which players keep experiencing time and again. One such error reported by DBD players is the Connection Error with error code 8018. When triggered, you will see the following error message:
Cannot connect to online services. Please try again later.
Error code: 8018
Now, this error could be a result of multiple scenarios. It might occur because of a server problem or connectivity issues. If you are one of the affected users who keeps getting error 8018 on Dead by Daylight, this post will interest you. In this guide, we will show you potential fixes to resolve the error at hand.
What causes Error Code 8018 on Dead by Daylight?
The error code 8018 on Dead by Daylight may occur due to different reasons for individuals. Here are some potential causes:
- It might be caused if the Dead by Daylight servers are facing technical issues at their end. So, you need to make sure that the game servers are up and running.
- One of the common causes of this error is an internet connectivity issue. If your internet connection is not stable, you are most likely to encounter error code 8018 on Dead by Daylight. Hence, you can try optimizing your internet connection and then check if the error is gone or not.
- Your overprotective security suite might be blocking the connection between Dead by Daylight and the game servers. So, you can try allowing the game through your firewall and antivirus to fix the error.
- In a few cases, the error might be caused if the game launcher is missing administrator permissions to run the game. Hence, you can try relaunching Steam or Epic Games Launcher with admin rights to fix the error.
The above scenarios are most likely to cause the error code 8018 on Dead by Daylight. In any case, you can try the fixes we have mentioned here to get rid of the error.
Fix Dead by Daylight CONNECTION ERROR CODE 8018 on PC and Xbox
Here are the solutions that you can try to fix the error code 8018 on your Windows PC or Xbox console:
- Reboot your PC or console.
- Make sure the servers are not down.
- Relaunch Steam or Epic Games Launcher as an administrator.
- Ensure that you are connected to a stable internet connection.
- Power cycle your router/ modem.
- Whitelist the game through your firewall or antivirus.
1] Reboot your PC or console
The first thing you should try is restarting your PC or Xbox console to fix the error. It could be a temporary glitch with your system that is causing the Connection Error 8018 on Dead by Daylight. Hence, a simple restart might work to resolve the error.
However, if the error is still popping up even after rebooting your device, there must be some underlying reason that is triggering the error at hand. So, you can move on to the next potential fix to resolve it.
2] Make sure the servers are not down
This Connection Error with error code 8018 on the Dead By Daylight game could be very well facilitated due to an ongoing server issue. Such errors usually occur if the game servers are facing a technical difficulty like a server outrage issue and there is a widespread issue. It might also be the case that the game servers are currently under maintenance and thus, are unavailable at the moment. So, before trying any other fix, it is recommended to check the current server status of Dead by Daylight and make sure the game servers are up and running.
There are multiple online free server-status detector tools that you can use to check whether or not the Dead by Daylight game servers are down. You can open a website like DownDetector.com, IsItDownRightNow.com, or Expert-Exchange.com in your web browser and then check the current server status of Dead by Daylight. There are also other means to check that. For example, you can go to the official pages of Dead by Daylight on Twitter, Facebook, or some other social media. They mostly post updates regarding the current server status. If the servers are down, they will notify you on their respective page.
For the users who are experiencing this error on their Xbox console, try checking the current service status of Xbox Live. If Xbox services are unavailable, you might get the error at hand. So, verify the current status of Xbox Live services and ensure all the services are available and running.
In case there is indeed an ongoing server issue, you will have to wait until error 8018 on Dead by Daylight is resolved from the server site. Meanwhile, you can try relaunching the game a few times and see if the error is gone.
However, in case the game servers are online and available and you still get the same error, there must be some other factor causing the error. Hence, you can try the next potential solution to fix the error at hand.
3] Relaunch Steam or Epic Games Launcher as an administrator
The next thing you can do is run your game launcher i.e., Steam or Epic Games Launcher with administrator privileges. Missing administrator rights and required permissions to run the game launcher might cause problems in establishing a connection between the game servers and Dead by Daylight. This might cause error 8018 in the game. Hence, you can try resolving the error by relaunching your game launcher as an administrator.
If you use Steam, you can launch it with admin rights and then try opening the Dead by Daylight game. In case you use Epic Games Launcher to play the game, run it as an administrator and then try playing the game. Here’s how you can do that:
- First of all, close your Steam or Epic Games Launcher app and make sure no related process is running in the background. You can use Task Manager to end related tasks.
- Next, go to Steam or Epic Games Launcher’s shortcut icon on your desktop and press the right-click on it.
- Now, from the appeared context menu, tap on the Properties option.
- In the newly opened Properties window, just go to the Compatibility tab.
- After that, tick the checkbox called Run this program as an administrator and click on the Apply > OK button to save changes.
- Finally, relaunch Steam or Epic Games Launcher and open the game to check if the error is resolved now.
If this method doesn’t help you fix the error at hand, you can try some other fix to get rid of it.
4] Ensure that you are connected to a stable internet connection
Such connection errors are generally caused due to a weak internet connection. Online multiplayer games like Dead by Daylight require an active and reliable internet connection. If your internet connection is unstable, it will hinder your gaming experience as you are likely to encounter connection issues. Hence, you need to make sure that you are connected to a stable internet connection appropriate for online gaming.
You can follow some tips and tricks to optimize your internet connection:
- Try testing your internet speed and make sure it is good for playing online games smoothly. Else, you will be required to upgrade your internet plan to play Dead by Daylight without any hindrance.
- If there are any, resolve WiFi problems and then check whether the error is gone or not.
- You can try connecting to a different WiFi or network to see if the error is resolved.
- Make sure your network drivers are up-to-date as outdated and faulty drivers can cause connection problems.
- You can use a wired connection instead of a wireless one and then check if the error is fixed. A wired connection is more reliable for online gaming than a wireless network.
Now, if you have tried all the above tricks and still the error is the same, you can move on to the next potential fix to resolve the error.
5] Power cycle your router/ modem
If the above solutions didn’t work for you, you can try performing a power cycle on your networking device which is a router or modem. Some connection problems are triggered due to an issue with your router or old and bulked-up router cache. Hence, if the scenario is applicable, power cycling your router should help you fix the error at hand.
You can try using the below simple steps for performing a power cycle on your router/ modem:
- First of all, press the power button present on your router to switch it off.
- Now, unplug the power cord of your router from the main switch.
- After that, wait for at least 30 seconds to let the device switch off completely.
- Next, plug in your router again and turn it on.
- When you have switched on your router, reconnect to the internet and launch Dead by Daylight to check whether the error is resolved or not.
If the error is still the same, we have a few more fixes that you can use to resolve the error.
6] Whitelist the game through your firewall or antivirus
In many instances, these connection errors are caused due to interferences with the game by your overprotective firewall or antivirus. Your security suite might be preventing a successful connection establishment between game servers and the game client. As a result, the error 8018 is triggered. So, you can check if your firewall or antivirus is causing the problem by disabling it temporarily. If the problem is indeed caused by it, you can try whitelisting Dead by Daylight in your firewall or antivirus.
Here are the steps to allow Dead by Daylight through Windows Firewall on Windows PC:
- First, open the Windows Security app by clicking on the taskbar search option and searching for it.
- Now, go to Firewall & network protection and click on the Allow an app through firewall option.
- Next, click on the Change settings button and allow Dead by Daylight on both Private and Public networks.
- In case you don’t find the Dead by Daylight game in the list, you can press the Allow another app > Browse and select the Dead by Daylight executable file. You are likely to find the game at the following locations:
C: > Program Files (x86) > Steam > steamapps > common
C:\Program Files\Epic Games
- After adding the game, allow it on both Private and Public networks.
- Finally, try reopening the game and check if the error 1808 is fixed or not.
In a similar manner, you can try adding the game to the Exclusion/Whitelist/ Exception list of your antivirus to fix the error.
How do I fix error 8001 Dead by Daylight?
To fix the error code 8001 on Dead by Daylight, first of all, make sure that the game servers are not down. Besides that, you can try testing your internet connection and ensure that it is optimized. If you are receiving this error on your Xbox console, you can try power cycling your console or clearing the cache storage to fix the error.
How do I fix error code 8012 DBD?
If you are experiencing the error code 8012 on Dead by Daylight, you can try fixing it by checking the current server status and ensuring the DBD servers are not down. Other than that, ensure that your internet connection is stable and optimized. You can also try power cycling your device, flushing the DNS cache, or repairing Easy AntiCheat software.