Nero DiscSpeed is a portable freeware created by the developers of Nero, which allows you to benchmark CD and DVD drives and check the media quality. It is an excellent easy-to-use benchmarking tool for testing the operational capabilities of a recorder.
Test speed of your CD DVD disc drives
Nero DiscSpeed for PC
As a multi-functional tool, Nero DiscSpeed also works for testing the speed of your CD/DVD disc drive as well as testing and benchmarking blanks and burned discs. It can be configured to run according to your desired results. Results can be viewed either as a graph or as a test log.
- Basic and advanced drive/media tests
- Bit setting function (book type change)
- Supports all common disc formats
- Creates special test discs (data and audio)
- Graphical display of results, test protocols, and easy import/export function
- Industry standard benchmarking tool for CD, DVD, and BD drives
- Graphs transfer rate, CPU usage, and buffer status while creating a disc
- Simple screen capture
The Basic Tests Include:
- CPU usage
- Burst rate
- Seek/access times
- Load/eject times
- Spin-up/spin-down times
- DAE speed/quality test
- Quick scan option for quality tests
- Transfer rate test (read and write)
Nero DiscSpeed is a good testing tool for your disc drive and burned disc. Its tests will tell you the state of the drivers vis-avis the quality of the disc employed.
You can download it from Softpedia.
Also see HD Tune and PC Stress Test free software for Windows.
Nero Kwik Media, Nero Kwik Burn, Nero BackItUp, Nero BurnLite are some free software from Nero.