ASUS Smart Gesture is a smart touchpad driver that helps you control more precise gestures including tapping, scrolling, dragging, clicking, and more. Some PC users after updating Windows 10, might notice that ASUS Smart Gesture is no longer working. In this post, we will provide a possible solution to resolving this issue.
ASUS Smart Gesture not working on Windows 10
If you’re experiencing this issue, you can try either of the three recommended solutions outlined below.
1] Update ASUS Touchpad driver via the inbuilt Device Manager
Most often, the ASUS Smart Gesture not working after the Windows 10 update happens because your ASUS touchpad driver is not compatible with the update. In this case, what you need to do is update the ASUS touchpad driver.
2] Uninstall current ASUS Smart Gesture driver and manually download latest version from ASUS website
There’s a good chance that your ASUS Smart Gesture software is incompatible with your system, which can cause this issue. In this case, you can try to uninstall the current ASUS Smart Gesture driver and then manually download the latest driver version from the ASUS website. To do it, follow these instructions:
- Press Windows key + R. In the Run dialog box, type control and hit Enter to launch Control Panel.
- Head over to Programs and Features and select Uninstall or change a program.
- Right-click on ASUS Smart Gesture and click Repair.
- After Windows 10 restarts, go to Control Panel again and click Uninstall or change a program.
- Right-click on ASUS Smart Gesture, select Edit and then Remove.
- Next, navigate to the ASUS Support page to download and install the latest ASUS Smart Gesture software for 64-bit or 32-bit, depending on your system architecture.
- Restart your computer.
3] Repair ASUS Smart Gesture
You could repair ASUS Smart Gesture and see if it helps. Go to Settings > Control Panel > Uninstall/Change program > ASUS Smart Gesture > Repair.
Once you complete these actions, you should be able to get your ASUS Smart Gesture back to normal working condition.
That’s it, folks!