We all know that Search is a must-have feature for any operating system. In this article, I’ll tell you the manual way to add the search option to context menus at different locations of your Windows PC using Registry Editor.
Add Search To Context Menu in Windows 10
1. Press Windows Key + R combination on keyboard and type Regedt32.exe in Run dialog box. Press OK.
2. Navigate to following location:
3. In the right pane of this location, create a string with Value Name as Icon and put its Value Data equals to imageres.dll,-177.
Also ensure that there must have 32-bit value for SuppresionPolicy is 80.
4. Repeat step 3 for these locations as well:
5. Now go to this location:
In case you don’t find:
Then go to:
And create a subkey as command.
In the right pane of this location, edit the Default string with Value Data as explorer.exe search-ms:
6. Repeat step 5 for this location also:
That’s it! You can now make searches directly from the right-click context menu.
Have fun searching!