Many users often try to get functionalities of one browser into another. If you want to add Opera-like Speed Dial to Chrome, Edge, or Firefox browser, then you can use a browser extension called Toolbar Dial that will help you get rid of the traditional Bookmarks bar or the Favorites bar and convert it into a good-looking page.
The Speed Dial functionality of the Opera browser looks fancy and different from the default bookmark bar or “most visited pages” panel of Google Chrome in the new tab page. It shows blocks of bookmarked pages with the domain name so that users can find the desired website quickly. The same thing is not available in other browsers until now.
Add Opera-like Speed Dial to Chrome, Edge or Firefox
To add Opera-like Speed Dial to Chrome, Edge, or Firefox, follow these steps-
- Download and install Toolbar Dial in your browser
- Set the theme and default folder
All you need is to install the extension in your browser and check out a couple of options. To get started, open up your favorite browser where you want to install the extension. In case you are using Microsoft Edge, you need to follow this tutorial to install extensions from Chrome Web Store.
After installing, you need to open the Options window from where you need to select three things-
- Appearance: You can choose either light/white or dark themes.
- Default folder: You can choose the default folder from where it will fetch all the blocks of Speed Dial. You can select Bookmarks bar, Other bookmarks, Favorites bar, etc. These options depend on the browser.
- Folders: You can choose between these two options – Open bookmarks in current tab and Open bookmarks in new tab. This option will decide whether you want to open the bookmark page in a new tab or the existing tab.
After that, if you open a new tab, it will display all the bookmarks like this-
To remove a page from this Speed Dial, you need to delete the bookmark and the process is the same as earlier.
I hope this extension will help you get Opera-like Speed Dial in your favorite browser.
- Tags: Addons