Microsoft Windows allows you to add various things in the desktop context menu, including Copilot. Even though one can easily trigger Copilot using the keyboard shortcut Win + C. In this post, we will make things easier for you by learning how to add Copilot to the Context Menu on Windows 11.
How to add Copilot to Context Menu on Windows 11 Desktop?
To add Copilot to the Context Menu on Windows 11 Desktop, we need to use the Registry Editor. However, before that, you need to backup the registry so that, if something goes wrong, we can restore it anytime. To add Copilot to the Context Menu, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open Registry Editor by searching it out of the Start Menu.
- Now, navigate to the following location.
- Right-click on the Shell folder, and select New > Key.
- Name the newly created key Copilot.
- Now, right-click on Copilot and select New > String Value.
- Name it MUIVerb.
- Right-click on MUIVerb, click on Modify, and enter Copilot in the Value data field.
- Click on Ok.
- Now, again right-click on Copilot and select New > Key.
- Name the newly created key “command”.
- Double-click on command and open Default.
- In the Value data field, enter the following string.
rundll32.exe url.dll,FileProtocolHandler "microsoft-edge://?ux=copilot&tcp=1&source=taskbar"
- Click on Ok.
Finally, close the Registry Editor, go to your Desktop, right-click on it, click on Show more options and there you will see Copilot as one of the options. You can click on it and it will trigger Copilot for you.
How to create a Copilot Desktop Shortcut in Windows 11
To create a desktop shortcut for Copilot, copy-paste the following in the location field of the Create Shortcut wizard:
Once the desktop shortcut is created, you may customize its icon or pin it to the Taskbar.
How do I enable Windows Copilot in Windows 11?
It is pretty simple to enable Windows Copilot in Windows 11. To do the same, go to Settings, and then click on Personalization > Taskbar. Under Taskbar items, you will see Copilot (preview), just enable the toggle that’s related to it. In case, you don’t like it, disable Copilot the same way.
How do I add items to Windows 11 context menu?
One of the simplest ways to edit the context menu is by using a Context Menu Editor. As the name suggests, these are the applications that allow you to edit the right-click menu. We have a list of some 3rd-party freeware context menu editors, you can pick any one of them.