After a new Windows installation, all of us have that list of ‘must install’ software which we install first! Which Windows software or freeware do you install first, after you have installed a fresh copy of Windows? And do you install it in any particular order?
Well, speaking for myself, after completing a fresh Windows 8 installation, I first update it! Then I install the following software:
- Kaspersky Internet Suite
- Revo Uninstaller Pro. This can then monitor all subsequent installations.
- Microsoft Office
- Firefox, Opera and Chrome browsers
- Quick Restore Maker (Portable)
- Ultimate Windows Tweaker (Portable)
- Ace Utilities
- Toolwiz TimeFreeze
- WinPatrol: After all installations are done, I use WinPatrol to remove startup entries from all possible locations. I usually have just my Anti Virus software in the start-ups list.
I use Ultimate Windows Tweaker as it helps me make Windows behave the way I want it to and often use the Quick Restore Point Maker frequently – but then these are portable apps which do not require an install!
Do share your list of must-install software! Sure, there could be more; but lets try and restrict the list to 10 or 15.
I’d love to see your list !