Over a period of time, you may find that you may have installed several programs or software on your Windows computer. And it may also happen that some of the programs may have been uninstalled without your knowledge. It is therefore to good idea to take a look at the programs that may have been installed on your computer and delete, remove or uninstall the programs that you do not want.
Uninstall a program in Windows 10
To uninstall a program in Windows 10, right-click on the Start Button and select Control Panel.
Now look for Programs and Features and click on it to open the applet that lets you Uninstall or change a program.
Locate the program you wish to uninstall and double-click on it.
You will asked for a confirmation. Confirm by pressing the Uninstall button and the uninstallation process will commence.
You can also right-click on the icon and select Uninstall from the context menu that appears, or you could simply select the program icon and click on the Uninstall link.
If the program offers this option, you may also be offered a link to Change or Repair the program.
Once the removal process is complete, you will receive a confirmation. You may also be asked to restart your computer to complete the uninstallation process. Do so.
That’s it. Windows will have uninstalled the program!
If you are a little familiar with the working of Windows, additionally, you could do the following to completely uninstall programs:
- Check the Programs folder where the program was installed, and delete the uninstalled programs folder if you still find it there.
- You could also Show hidden files via the Folder Options or File Explorer Options, and carry out a search for the uninstalled programs’ name. Say you uninstalled McAfee – then search for McAfee and delete all folders and files that may be found.
- Do the same in the Windows Registry. Create a System Restore Point and the Run regedit, press Ctrl+F and search for McAfee. Delete the keys found. Do this only if you are familiar with working with the Registry.
If for some reason you are unable to uninstall programs, you may find the following links helpful:
- How to uninstall programs in Safe Mode
- Uninstall programs using Registry
- Free Uninstallers for Windows.