Today I found this nice freeware tool called “System Explorer“. It reminded me of Process Explorer from SysInternals but its a little more advanced. It comes with both potable and installer version. One of the interesting thing I noticed about it is when we open the application for the first time it will asked for a security check of processes with Online Database.
Also when you close the System Explorer it minimizes to the System tray with few option there as well.
Here a quote of their website:
System Explorer is free, awards winning software for exploration and management of System Internals. This small software includes many useful tools which help you keep your system under control.
With System Explorer, you get also fast access to File Database which help you to determine unwanted processes or threats. System Explorer is translated into 21 languages and is available for download in installer and portable version.
- Detailed information about Tasks, Processes, Modules, Startups, IE Addons, Uninstallers, Windows, Services, Drivers, Connections and Opened Files.
- Easy check of suspicious files via VirusTotal, Jotti service or their File Database.
- Easy monitoring of processes activities and System changes.
- Usage graphs of important System resources.
- Tray Hint with detailed System and Battery status
- WMI Browser and System Additional Info
- Multilanguage Support”