Group Policy in Windows is the essential way that most organizations enforce settings on their computers. This guide introduces Group Policy, provides an overview of what you can do with Group Policy, describes essential concepts that you must know, and provides step-by-step instructions for the most common Group Policy tasks.
Group Policy in Windows
This guide from Microsoft is an introduction to Group Policy. It first provides an overview of what you can do with Group Policy, describes essential concepts that you must know, and how you can tweak Windows through Group Policy Editor or gpedit.msc.
For example, what is a Group Policy object (GPO)? What does inheritance mean? With the fundamentals out of the way, this white paper provides step-by-step instructions, with plenty of screenshots, for the most common Group Policy tasks.
If you are an IT pro who has never used Group Policy to control computer configurations, this white paper is for you. Group Policy is the essential way that most organizations enforce settings on their computers. It is flexible enough for even the most complex scenarios; however, the essential features are easy to use in simple scenarios, which are more common. IT Pro’s may want to check out Group Policy Management tips for IT Pros in Windows 7.
Download page: Microsoft.
These Group Policy Guides may also interest you:
- Group Policy Settings for Internet Explorer
- Group Policy settings in Microsoft Security Essentials
- Group Policy Settings for Microsoft Office
- Group Policy Settings Reference for Windows
- How to reset Group Policy to default
- Troubleshooting Group Policy in Windows
- Filter Options in Local Group Policy Editor in Windows
- More posts on Group Policy.