In Windows 8/10, you can face different types of issues while logging in to your user account. Today in this article we’ll discuss about one of these errors. It is about the failure of Group Policy Client service while logging into Windows 10 / 8 using standard user account. When we tried to log on using the administrator account on the same system, it lets us to enter in. Here is the screenshot of error we just received on the issued computer:
As you can see in the above error image, there is no help about this issue offered. You just have the OK button there which links you nowhere. So how do we fix this issue? Well as usual, the fix for this problem follows the procedure to modify registry entries. Since you’re able to log in as the administrator, you can follow the steps mentioned below, thus you can consequently fix the issue and then log in, as the standard user account as well.
The Group Policy Client Service Failed The Logon
1. Press Windows Key + R combination, type put Regedt32.exe in Run dialog box and hit Enter to open the Registry Editor.
2. Navigate to the following location:
3. You don’t need to modify anything under the key mentioned above. Just make sure that it is intact there properly. Next, you should locate this key:
4. Now create a multi-string value in the right pane of this location and name it as GPSvcGroup and associate the Value data GPSvc with it. Moving on create a new sub key to the Svchost key (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Svchost) and name it as GPSvcGroup.
5. Finally, came to the right pane of this so created sub key GPSvcGroup and create following two DWORDs with corresponding Value data:
AuthenticationCapabilities – 12320 (Use Decimal base)
ColnitializeSecurityParam – 1
Now close the Registry Editor and reboot and verify the status of the issue. Your problem should be fixed by now.
Hope this helps!
Read this if you receive a Failed to connect to a Windows service message.