Microsoft’s latest web mail service, Outlook.com comes with all the goods such as huge amount of storage space, better editing features, immersive interface and of course support for social networking sites.
All these features and many more make the webmail service first choice of the users. But for some reason, if you wish to close or delete your Outlook mail account permanently, this is how you can do it.
It is essential to change all the email addresses to the alternate ones before deleting your Outlook.com account, if you have been using the same Outlook address for any some other services.
Delete or Close Outlook.com account
1. Sign into your Outlook account and click on the gear icon in the upper-right corner.
2. From the options available, choose ‘More mail settings’. You will be presented with the following options:
- Managing your account
- Writing email
- Preventing junk email
- Customizing Outlook
3. From the above, select ‘Managing your account’. Immediately you will be directed to a new page displaying your ‘Account Summary’ and ‘Password and Security info’.
4. Just scroll-down the page. There you will find the ‘Close account’option. Click on the option.
5. Now, before you close your account permanently, Outlook will request you to check ‘privacy and cookies’ statement. In addition to this, it will provide you information on – what happens to your info if you choose to close your account.
6. Then finally it will ask you to verify your account to close it down.
7. In the end, you will be asked to deactivate your Hotmail account. Once you do it your account will be closed.
Microsoft reserves your email address even after you have closed your account for a period of 270 days. Within this period if you would like to reactivate your account, you could easily do so.