We have seen several freeware image compressors like RIOT and FileMinimizer that help you optimize and compress file image sizes. Caesium is a newly released open-source file compression utility for Windows 7 that allows you to optimize and reduce the file size of your images.
File compression utility for Windows 7
Caesium claims to reduce the size of pictures up to 90%, while preserving the original visual quality. As a result of this, you will be able to save a lot of disk space on your hard disk. This will also especially be useful if you want to share the pictures on your favorite social networking site or upload images to the web generally, as it will results in faster uploads. Attaching images to an email will be a breeze. If you are a blogger or a webmaster, it’s a great idea to optimize your images and then upload them to your blog post.
This software will allow you to choose the compression level and let you instantly view the compression results, helping you to decide how much optimization you need. Caesium can set different compression levels to each image, saving a lot of time, ensuring great results!
The tool is feature-rich and you can check out its features here:
- Compress up to 90% preserving the original file format and visual quality
- Allows Batch processing, setting compression level with a simple slider; setting different compression levels to each image and custom suffix support.
- Allows for an easy preview. Side by side preview, with original and compressed pictures. Also watch details with zoom.
- Most common file formats supported
- Date time and meta tag support.
- Drag & Drop option included.
Download : Caesium.