If you receive a You don’t have permission to save in this location, Contact the administrator to obtain permission error message in Windows 11/10 when you try to save Microsoft Office files, then this post may be able to help you. This issue particularly occurs when you try to save Microsoft Office documents in Windows 11/10.
You don’t have permission to save in this location
Many Windows 11/10 users have been facing this issue. If you too see this error message, create a system restore point and then do the following:
- Right-click on Start button to open the WinX Menu. Select Run to open the Run box.
- In the Run box, type netplwiz and hit Enter to open the User Accounts settings box.
- Now select the user account that is giving you this error message.
- Click on the Properties button. A new box will open.
- Now press open the Group Membership tab.
- Here you can set the level of access that you want to give the user.
- Select Administrator and click Apply/OK and exit.
- If you are unable to make the changes, you may have to sign in as an administrator or request your administrator to do this.
Restart your Windows 11/10 computer and see if it has helped.
Go here if you cannot save files in OneDrive folder after upgrading to Windows 11/10.
These posts may also help you: