Cloud gaming is still in its nascent stage so it is not unusual to experience problems while playing games online. Xbox cloud gaming service is no exception to this rule. Read what troubleshooting steps you should take when you find that your Xbox Cloud Gaming Controller is not working.
Xbox Cloud Gaming Controller not working
Latency is a major issue experienced with cloud gaming. Other is connectivity, especially seen when connecting controllers to gaming services. Here’s how you can find a solution for Xbox Cloud Gaming Controller not working.
- Check your controller’s battery
- Disconnect the controller and pair it again
- Switch to Xbox type controller (Xinput support) via a USB cable
- Power cycle your controller
Make sure your device is up to date. When you update, you’ll get the latest fixes and security improvements, helping your device run efficiently.
1] Check your controller’s battery
- Make sure your controller’s battery is charged sufficiently and inserted correctly.
- Then, power On your controller and try to connect it to your console.
- If your controller still won’t Power On, get the batteries replaced.
2] Disconnect the controller and pair it again
If you are playing an Xbox game on your PC, head to Settings.
- Choose the Devices tile.
- Scroll down to Bluetooth & other devices.
- Hit Add Bluetooth or other device.
- In the Add a Device screen that appears, select Bluetooth.
- Select your controller and choose the Remove device option.
- Wait for a few seconds.
- Select the controller to pair again.
3] Switch to Xbox type controller (Xinput support) via a USB cable
Xbox Designated controllers like MOGA XP5-X Plus for Mobile & Cloud Gaming (USB connection) can go missing from the device’s list while trying to connect to a PC. This is because it will only work as an Xbox-type controller (XInput support) via a USB cable.
If you try to connect it to a PC via Bluetooth, it won’t work with Game Pass titles on Bluetooth. You’ll need to switch the controller to XInput support. XInput is easier to use and requires less setup than DirectInput.
For this, hold the Menu and View buttons as shown in the screenshot above for three seconds and then release it. You should find the entry for your Xbox cloud gaming controller listed under the devices list. Connect it and start playing!
4] Power cycle your controller
A large majority of controller issues can be fixed readily by putting the controller through a complete power cycle.
To power cycle your controller, press and hold the Xbox button for 5-10 seconds, until the controller turns off.
Wait a few seconds, then press and hold the Xbox button again to turn the controller back on.
- Xbox One controller won’t connect to PC via Bluetooth
- Xbox Controller detected as Mouse and Keyboard
What is Xbox Cloud Gaming?
Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta) is a Microsoft technology that allows you to stream console games directly onto devices like smartphones, tablets, and PCs and play them anywhere if you have an Internet connection. it comes with a built-in library of over 200 games.
Can you use a PS4 controller for Xbox cloud gaming?
Just like Xbox Wireless Controller, you can use a PlayStation controller to play Xbox games on the cloud. So, yes, you can connect the DualShock 4 to a PC via USB to play on browsers. In fact, it is one of the non-Microsoft controllers the Xbox team has tested and verified for cloud gaming.
Hope it helps!