In this post, we will show you how to use Whiteboard Fox virtual whiteboard, discuss its features & talk about how WhiteboardFox online whiteboard helps in collaboration.
A lot of things changed in terms of how organizations functioned. The usual office stuff like meetings, brainstorming, even sharing ideas and work status had to be done virtually; because of the current demands. As a result, the way certain ideas are presented or how people share their views and opinions changed too.
This is when the concept of virtual whiteboard gained popularity. The feature of virtual whiteboards was added or enhanced in some video communication platforms such as Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Google Meet, and so on during this pandemic. On most of these platforms, it is possible to share a virtual whiteboard. However, it is also helpful to use tools that help you share virtual whiteboards from any browser. And this is possible with WhiteboardFox, a simple online whiteboard.
How WhiteboardFox online whiteboard helps in collaboration?
A virtual whiteboard is nothing but a digital space where various people can interact, share and write ideas with each other in real-time. The WhiteboardFox virtual whiteboard helps remote teams to work together on tasks such as designing projects, problem-solving, and brainstorming new ideas. The feature to share virtual whiteboards helps teams work smoothly, even when they are located away from each other.
Features of WhiteboardFox virtual whiteboard
- To begin with, WhiteboardFox virtual whiteboard can be accessed from any browser. This eliminates the need for having a specific tool or browser.
- WhiteboardFox is extremely user-friendly. It doesn’t need installation or registration. You can start drawing as soon as you open the home page of WhiteboardFox.
- It offers faster syncing. The changes you make are displayed to other participants within a few seconds.
- The web app can also be used on Tablet. Use pinch-to-zoom gestures and your tablet’s stylus pen if available.
- Drawing on the whiteboard is as simple as writing on a real-life whiteboard.
- Features such as Undo, Redo, Erase and Copy all make the drawing process easy.
- The Draw feature offers a Basic pallet that has 7 colors.
- With the Move feature, you can move within the whiteboard.
- The Options menu has various features. You can zoom in or out of the drawing for a better view.
- You can Add Text or Add Pic using the Options menu.
- You can display the whiteboard on the full screen using the Fullscreen
- You can erase everything on the whiteboard by clicking the Clear option.
How to use Whiteboard Fox?
WhiteboardFox is a virtual whiteboard that can be opened and used from any browser. In this post, we will be talking about WhiteboardFox free version.
1] Open the WhiteboardFox website link from any browser.
2] Now click on the Start Drawing tab. This will open a new drawing board. In case you are already working on an existing whiteboard, you can enter Whiteboard ID. Now click on Go.
3] When you click the Start Drawing tab, you can create a virtual whiteboard that can be viewed and/or edited by other participants. You can choose participants’ access rights from the Options window that opens.
The options you get regarding the access rights are as follows:
- Draw and erase anything: Participants have full access to edit the whiteboard including writing and erasing.
- Draw and erase their own drawing: Participants can edit only their drawing. They cannot edit your drawings.
- Only view my drawing: Participants can only view the drawing.
4] You can also select the number of days in which the virtual whiteboard will expire.
For the free version of Whiteboard Fox, the whiteboard expires in 14 days by default. In case you are looking to create a whiteboard that lasts longer than that or remains permeant, you will need to buy the plan accordingly.
5] Now click on Create Whiteboard tab.
6] This will open the virtual whiteboard.
7] You can draw free shapes (like you would draw on a real-life whiteboard), write text, add pics or erase unwanted drawings using Draw and Options features.
8] Once done, you can share the whiteboard with the participants using the Share option.
9] This web app creates a link to the whiteboard which can be shared with the participants for them to view or edit the drawing.
10] To share a static picture of your whiteboard, select Snapshot from the Options menu.
WhiteboardFox is easy to use and offers optimum features for limited usage. It is definitely worth the try. Click here to get started.
Do you have to pay for WhiteboardFox?
WhiteBoardFox offers a free version for which you do not have to pay. For the free version of Whiteboard Fox, the whiteboard expires in 14 days by default. It also has some limited features.
Read next: How to use Microsoft Whiteboard to create a quality freeform digital canvas.