Twiin32.dll is a Dynamic Link Library (DLL) file that holds information and instructions to work with executables (EXE) files. The purpose of twain_32.dll programs is to share files with multiple programs so that your computer could run more efficiently by not wasting valuable memory allocation. It is an integral part of Windows and allows it to work properly on which proper functioning of Windows programs relies on. As a result, a missing twain_32.dll file can negatively affect the software associated with it.
Despite its effectiveness, DLL files are extremely vulnerable to errors because of their convenience. A runtime error message can be triggered if there is some problem with a DLL file, whether it goes missing or gets corrupted. As the name implies, runtime errors can occur either when Windows is starting up or when the twain_32.dll file is already running.
Some of the most common twain_32.dll errors include:
- twain_32.dll is corrupted
- twain_32.dll error loading
- Cannot register twain_32.dll.
- twain_32.dll crash
- twain_32.dll was not found
- Failed to load twain_32.dll.
- twain_32.dll could not be located
- twain_32.dll Access Violation
- The procedure entry point twain_32.dll error
- Cannot find twain_32.dll
- twain_32.dll is missing.
Is twain_32.dll a virus?
If you’re an IT professional or just a regular computer user, you might be wondering what this folder is and why it is on your PC. When you have this question, the first thing you should do is to go to the website of your antivirus company. The next thing is to search for it on your browser. But, what if you don’t know what twain_ 32 folders? Is twain_32.dll a virus? First of all, I need to tell you that this folder is not a virus. The legit twain_32. dll is a module associated with Twain_32 Source Manager from Twain Working Group.
What is twain_ 32 folder?
This folder stores information about the scanners and printer drivers in Windows operating systems. If you find this folder on your computer, please do not delete or move it. It will cause some issues with your computer if you do so.
On Windows OS, there are a set of system modules that every operating system uses. These modules are often packaged as external DLL files (compiled from object code) that can be executed by Windows. The twain_32.dll can be found in C:/Windows and is classified as a Win32 DLL file. And about 64 KB of space is used by twain_32.dll programs.
When you choose to install an operating system on a certain computer, it makes some important changes in the way Windows operates. And in order to properly function, you must choose which system modules you want to use from the list that comes with the installation CD.
It is true that DLL files enable your system to run smoothly. However, if you’re running an unreliable program, then the third-party application might masquerade it as twain_32.dll. This is the reason why you need to download the latest patches from Windows servers and keep your system up-to-date.
Therefore, whenever your system is updated, you need to install it, then install the twain_32.dll file as the updated files, which will help in modifying the error code displayed by Windows.
The existence of any mistakes or bugs that might happen when loading the correct variant of Microsoft Office, can prevent a user from using the system. If you need to get rid of any errors, you must try to fix them as soon as possible, so that you can continue to use your software efficiently.
How to fix Could not load twain_ 32 DLL error?
The following suggestions will guide you on how to fix twain_ 32 DLL errors on your PC:
- Install Windows Update
- Run System File Checker
- Reinstall the program that is throwing this error
- Restore your PC back to the previous restore point
Let’s see them in detail:
1] Install Windows update
In order to avoid this issue, check for updates that might fail to download. Follow the below instructions to download and install the updates manually.
- Open Windows Settings using Windows+I keyboard shortcut.
- Select Update & Security > Windows Updates.
- Go to the right side and click View update history.
- Take note of the Windows update KB number that failed.
- Navigate to the Microsoft Update Catalog page.
- Type the KB number in the search box and hit enter to reveal the result.
- Download the appropriate version of Windows from the search result list.
- Upon downloading, double-click on the downloaded update and install it.
You can now restart your computer to see if this method will help you resolve the issue.
2] Run System File Checker
Run the System File Checker tool to restore the corrupted or missing twain_32.dll file. To run this service, use the following instructions:
- Open an elevated Command Prompt.
- In the command prompt window, copy and paste the command line – sfc /scannow.
- Now press Enter to run the command.
- Executing the command line may take some time, so be patient until it is completed.
Once it completes, reboot your device and check if the problem still exists.
3] Reinstall the program
You should reinstall the program that is throwing this error and see if that helps.
4] Restore your PC back to the previous restore point
Check to see if the error code gets fixed after restoring your PC back to the previous restore point.
That’s it. Hope it helps.
Related: Fix Iusb3mon.dll is missing.