Nirsoft is well known for its tiny life saver applications, and today what we have here is indeed a useful tool for developers and enthusiasts. AppCrashView is a utility that lets you extract information about any application crashes occurred on your computer. Using this tool you can investigate the reason behind a crash and try to fix or report it.
AppCrashView lets you view application crash files
Windows Error Reporting is a crash reporting technology introduced by Microsoft with Windows XP and included in later Windows versions. It collects and offers to send post-error debug information or a memory dump using the Internet to the Microsoft or stops responding on a user’s desktop.
What AppCrashView basically does is extract the information from .wer files that are automatically created by Windows Error Reporting component when a crash occurs and display it you in an efficient and organized manner.
It displays following details for a particular crash:
- Process File: The process which crashed
- Event Name: Short description of the crash
- Event Time: Timestamp of the crash
- Exception Codes: Exception code reported during the crash
- Faulty Modules: The precise module where the error occurred
- Faulty Module Version: Version of the fault module
- Process Path: Path where the process is located
- Report Size: Size of the report sent to Microsoft
- Report Path: Path where the report is stored on disk.
Other than these details, AppCrashView provides you with more technical details in the large textbox at the bottom. You can export a single crash reports as a text file or you can export multiple reports in text/html/csv/xml files. Once exported you can easily share these tiny sized reports using email, messaging or by simply uploading to your site or web-server. You can even save reports onto your hard-drive for further reference and study.
The tool is quite simple to use, it automatically populates itself on the start-up and you can update the data by pressing the refresh button from the toolbar. The UI like all other Nirsoft utilities is plain and simplest.
In short, the tool is useful, easy and minimalist. You can download this tool from nirsoft.net.
- Tags: Freeware