In this post, we will show you what you can do if the Voice Chat in Valorent is not working properly on Windows PC. Voice chat is an important feature of this game as it enables players to communicate and interact with each other during gameplay. While most of the time voice chat works fine for users, some have reported that voice chats on Valorant didn’t work for them. This can be really annoying and frustrating as it prevents you from communicating with other players and you might not be able to give voice commands for the game. So, it becomes crucial to get this issue fixed the issue as soon as possible.
Now, if you are facing the same issue where you are unable to use the voice chat feature on VALORANT, this article is your stop. In this post, we will be talking about multiple methods that will enable you to fix the issue on Windows PC. So, let us get straight to solutions now.
Why does my Valorant voice chat not work?
There can be different reasons for voice chat not working on Valorant. However, there is no clear description of why this issue may occur. After analyzing user reports, we can assume some common reasons for this error. It can occur due to incorrect input and output audio settings on your PC. Another reason for the same can be that the in-game settings are not configured properly. Also, software conflicts, outdated audio drivers, and insufficient admin rights to run Valorant can also be reasons for this issue. We have discussed the methods to fix the issue in all these scenarios; so check out.
Can you get banned from Valorant voice chat?
Some users have reported being getting banned from using Valorant voice chat. Valorant reviews and moderates the voice chat as of now. It observers voice chats and if there is anything on the lines of harassment, bigotry, and toxicity, it gives warnings to concerned users. If users break the game community code repeatedly, Valorant can ban them from using voice chat and text chat in the game. So, make sure you are not banned from using voice chat on Valorant.
How do I turn on voice chat in Valorant?
To turn on voice chat in Valorant, you can go to the Settings section in the Valorant game client. There is a function to enable or disable the voice chat option that you will find under the Audio settings. We have discussed how to do that in the solutions mentioned. You can check out the exact steps below.
Fix VALORANT Voice Chat Not Working
Here are the methods to fix the voice chat that is not working properly on VALORANT:
- Check if you have selected the correct input and output devices.
- Allow the game to access your microphone.
- Reset In-Game Audio Settings.
- Use Push-To-Talk.
- Update Your Audio Drivers.
- Run VALORANT as administrator.
- Troubleshoot in a clean boot state.
Let us discuss the above methods in detail now!
1] Check if you have selected the correct input and output devices
First and foremost, make sure you have chosen the correct input and output audio devices. So, review your audio settings by opening the Sound Settings and then check if the input and output audio devices are set correctly. If yes, then there might be some other issues, hence try some other fix from this guide.
2] Allow the game to access your microphone
You might not have allowed your game to access your microphone knowingly or unknowingly, and thus the voice chat is not working on Valorant. If that is what causing the issue, you can provide access to your microphone to fix the issue. Just open the Settings app, click on Privacy, go to the Microphone tab, and make sure the Allow desktop apps to access your microphone option is turned on.
3] Reset In-Game Audio Settings
The voice chat not working issue on Valorant might also be triggered in case in-game audio settings are not configured properly. So, try changing the audio settings in the Valorant game and see if the issue is fixed.
To change game audio settings, you can follow the below steps:
- Firstly, launch your Valorant game.
- Now, click on the gear icon present at the top-right of your screen.
- Next, tap on the SETTINGS button.
- After that, go to the AUDIO > VOICE CHAT option.
- Then, select active audio devices as the Output Device and Input Device. Also, check whether the Incoming Volume and Mic Volume level is set to at least 50%.
- Additionally, ensure that the Party Voice Chat and Team Voice Chat options are enabled.
After applying the correct in-game audio settings, check whether the voice chat is working properly for you.
4] Use Push-To-Talk
Instead of auto-detect, try using the Push-To-Talk feature in Valorant as audio detect might not work correctly. For that, simply go to the Settings tab (refer to the method (3)), and from there, click on Audio. Then, select the Voice Chat and enable the Push to Talk feature.
5] Update Your Audio Drivers
Outdated or faulty audio drivers can be another reason for the voice chat not working issue on Valorant. So, if you haven’t updated your audio drivers in a while, consider updating them. You can use the inbuilt feature in Windows to update audio drivers. Or, you can also automatically check for driver updates and install them on your PC. For that, you can use free driver updater software.
Relaunch Valorant after updating your audio drivers and check if voice chat is working or not.
6] Run VALORANT as administrator
Sometimes, due administrator privileges can also result in some errors including the voice chat not working issue. So, you might be able to fix the issue by running Valorant as an administrator. Simply right-click on the Valorant program icon and then use the Run ad administrator option to launch Valorant with administrator rights.
7] Troubleshoot in a clean boot state
You might be receiving this problem if there is some application conflict that is blocking a necessary resource for Valorant. In order to prevent any such conflicts, a clean boot might help you as it runs Windows with only essential programs and drivers. So, you can try running Windows in a clean boot state and then check if the issue is fixed. To do that, you can follow the below steps:
- Firstly, press the Windows + R hotkey to open up the Run dialog box.
- Now, type msconfig in the Open field and press the Enter button.
- Next, go to the Services tab and click on the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox. This is to make sure you don’t disable an essential Microsoft service.
- After that, click on the Disable all button to disable all services.
- Then, enable the vgc checkbox to run vgc service which is required to run Valorant.
- Now, go to the Startup tab and click on the Open Task Manager button.
- In the Task Manager, disable all the startup programs.
- Next, go back to the System Configurations window and click on the Apply button.
- Finally, restart your PC and check if the issue is fixed.