Whether you want to use Twitter, the best microblogging platform, to connect with your family, employees, businesses, customers, or for any reason, you must know these Twitter Tips and Tricks to get started. Since its launch, Twitter has gone through some extensive changes over the past several years. Therefore, if you are new to Twitter or you are using this platform after a very long time, it is better to check out these tips and tricks for Twitter to get the most out of this site.
Best Twitter Tips and Tricks
Some of the best Twitter Tips and Tricks are:
- Set up interest-based tweets
- Change font size, color, and background
- Create Twitter Moments
- Create Private Moments
- Use Advanced Twitter search
- Mute specific words
- Create a Twitter widget for website
- Enable two-step verification
- Block anyone on Twitter
- Get notifications in your email inbox
- Bookmark tweets to read later
- Download your data
To learn more about these, keep reading.
1] Set up interest-based tweets
By default, Twitter shows all the tweets from all the people you follow. At times, you may not want to see tweets from an individual category, and instead, you want to find more tweets related to a particular category to get the latest news.
To set that filter, Twitter has an important function that helps users refine their timeline to find interest-based tweets. Whether your followings are tweeting related to some other categories or not, you will keep getting tweets that you select.
To do this, log into your Twitter account, go to this page at twitter.com and select categories you are interested in. Click the Continue button and filter your followings. After that, your timeline will be filled up with your interest-based tweets.
2] Change font size, color, and background
By default, Twitter has a medium-size black font with the traditional blue interface alongside white background. However, you may not like this bright interface all the time or want to see the tweets in bigger fonts. At such moments, you can follow this guide:
- Click on the More option and select Settings and privacy.
- Go to Accessibility, display, and languages.
- Click on the Display option.
- Select font size, color, and background.
If you use the Lights out option, it will work as a dark mode.
3] Create Twitter Moment
Let’s assume that you want to show ten or twenty tweets related to a sports team or a particular topic to someone. Instead of sharing all those ten or twenty links, you can consolidate them under one roof, which is called Twitter Moments. Following that, you can share your Moments with anybody you want. If you need to add more tweets in your Moments, you can edit that accordingly.
To create a Twitter Moment, follow these steps:
- Click the More option > select Moments.
- Click on the Create new button.
- Select all the tweets from the given list.
- Enter a title for your Moment.
- Add a featured image for your Moment.
- Click the Publish button.
- Select the visibility and click the Publish button.
- Copy the link and share it with anybody.
It is how you can create a Moment on Twitter. If you want to edit an existing Moment, you need to click on the respective Edit button or icon.
4] Create Private Moments
As mentioned in the above guide, you can share your Moments with anybody on Twitter. However, sometimes, you may not want that, and instead, you want to keep it private. Earlier, there was an option called Make Moment link only. However, that has been deprecated and replaced by a new panel, which is more user-friendly. This panel appears whenever you click the Publish button.
However, the same thing appears for existing tweets when you click on the Settings gear icon in the editing panel.
5] Use Advanced Twitter search
As a tweet can be customized in different ways, Twitter allows users to find that using different conditions. For example, you want to find tweets that were tweeted between a particular period. Or, suppose you want to see tweets in a different language. All those things can be done either manually or using the Advanced Twitter Search Tool, available at twitter.com. If you want to utilize the manual method, head over to this Twitter search tips article.
6] Mute specific words
Let’s assume that you have set up a Twitter account for your kid, and obviously, you do not want to let them search for anything. You can block a particular word or phrase. If you block a word, no tweet will be visible that contains that specific word or phrase. You can include as many words as you want in the list of Muted Words.
To mute a word in Twitter, follow these steps:
- Open your Twitter account on the browser.
- Click the More button and select the Settings and privacy option.
- Go to Privacy and safety tab.
- Click the Mute and block option on the right side.
- Select the Muted words option.
- Click the plus icon.
- Enter a word or phrase in the box.
- Select Home timeline, From anyone, and Until you unmute the word options.
- Click the Save button.
After that, you can’t see that particular word on your Twitter feed.
7] Create Twitter widget for website
If you have a website or blog and want to show your latest activities on your website through Twitter, you can embed a widget. There are different widgets, including profile, likes, list, collection, hashtag, and search. You can choose any category according to your requirement and build the widget. Following that, copy the code and paste that where you want to show your widget.
To create a Twitter widget, follow these steps:
- Log into your Twitter account.
- Copy the link of a tweet or profile or anything you want to show.
- Go to publish.twitter.com website.
- Paste the link in the box.
- Click the Copy Code button.
- Paste the code on the website where you want to display the widget.
For your information, such widgets get updates automatically and in real-time.
8] Enable two-step verification
Like other online accounts, you can enable 2-step verification on Twitter as well. You need to enter a security code after entering the username and password. However, for that, you must have added your mobile number to your Twitter profile.
To setup two-step verification on Twitter, do the following:
- Sign in to your Twitter account.
- Click the More option and select Settings and privacy.
- Switch to the Security and account access tab.
- Click on Security > Two-factor authentication.
- Click on the checkbox to receive OTP.
You need to enter the received OTP while logging into your Twitter account on any device from now onwards.
9] Block anyone on Twitter
Like Facebook, you can block anybody on Twitter. There could be times when you might want to prevent someone from checking your account. For example, your Twitter account has some fake or inactive followers, and you do not want to keep them. At such a moment, you can certainly block those accounts on Twitter, resulting in that person cannot view your tweets or any other activity.
To block someone on Twitter, follow these steps:
- Open the Twitter profile of the person you want to block.
- Click the three-dotted icon visible on the profile.
- Select the Block @[username] option.
- Click the Block button to confirm.
After that, the blocked person cannot view your profile anymore.
10] Get notifications in your email inbox
If you do not want to open Twitter frequently to check the notifications, you can set up an email notification. Following that, Twitter will send all notifications to your email inbox. It is possible to get the notification for the following reasons,
- Someone likes your tweets
- You’re mentioned by someone
- You’re followed by someone
- Direct message
To get email notifications from Twitter, do the following:
- Open Settings and privacy panel on Twitter.
- Switch to the Notifications section.
- Click on the Preferences option.
- Choose the Email notifications.
- Toggle the Email notifications button.
- Tick your desired conditions which you want to receive in your email inbox.
After that, you will start receiving email notifications whenever something happens.
11] Bookmark tweets to read later
It is probably the most unused feature of Twitter that you must know about. At times, you might want to read all the replies to a tweet for some reason. Instead of collecting links to those tweets, you can bookmark them to access the list from any device. To bookmark a tweet, follow these steps:
- Select a tweet on the website you want to bookmark.
- Click on the date/time to open the tweet on your browser.
- Click the Share icon.
- Select the Add Tweet to Bookmarks option.
- Click on the Bookmarks option on the left side to view them all.
After that, you can access the bookmarks tweets from any device or browser.
12] Download your data
It is possible to backup your Twitter data on your computer. Whether you need to check all your uploaded images or you are about to delete your Twitter account, you can use the backup in the future. For that, you need to follow this tutorial to backup or download your data from Twitter.
How do I get better at Twitter?
If you are new to Twitter, it might take some time to be better at Twitter, much like any other social network website. It would be best if you continued using various features to experiment with them. Moreover, you can always follow the aforementioned Twitter tips and tricks to discover some unexplored features and options.
How do you become popular on Twitter fast?
Although there is no magic wand to become famous on Twitter fast, you need to do a few things to get started with this platform. For instance, adding a good profile picture, tweeting with images, etc., might be handy for you. If you are really into it, you can follow this guide to know how you can become an influencer on Twitter.
More other things can be done on Twitter to use it as a microblogging platform. If you are new, these Twitter tips and tricks will help you to get started. For your information, Twitter has begun verifying accounts openly, and you can get your Twitter account verified as well. Follow @TheWindowsClub on Twitter to stay in touch with us.