Do you have a large PST file that you want to split into multiple smaller files? PST email files are usually large in size and are prone to get corrupted and damaged. Hence, it is better to split a huge PST file into smaller parts so that your data won’t get corrupted or lost. In this post, we will be sharing methods using which you can automatically split a large PST file on Windows 11/10.
How to split a large PST file on Windows 11/10?
To split a large PST file into multiple smaller PST files automatically on your Windows 11/10 PC, you can use free third-party software. These are the free PST splitter software for Windows 11/10 PC that you can use:
- Split PST File by Outlook Freeware
- PST Splitter
1] Split PST File by Outlook Freeware
There is this free software called Split PST File by Outlook Freeware that allows you to automatically split a PST file that is large in size into smaller files. Here are the main steps to split a large PST file on Windows 11/10:
- Download and install Split PST File.
- Launch the application.
- Enter the input large PST file.
- Provide a path to the new PST files.
- Press the Run button.
Firstly, download this standalone application from outlookfreeware.com and then install it on your PC. After that, start the main GUI of this application.
From the main interface, provide the path to the PST file that you want to split into smaller PST files. Next, enter the folder location where you want to save the new PST files.
Finally, click on the Run button and it will start splitting your large PST files and saving smaller ones to the predefined location.
The advantage of this free PST file splitter is that apart from being a standalone application, it is also available as an add-on for Microsoft Outlook. While installing the application, you can choose to add it to Microsoft Outlook as an add-on. You can open the Outlook app and from the main GUI, click on the OutlookFreeware.com tab. After that, press the Split PST File button and then select the input PST file that is large in size. After that, choose the new PST files’ location and click on the Run button.
It also offers a Pro edition which is paid. You can purchase it if you want to remove of limitations like batch file processing, etc. You can get it here.
2] PST Splitter
You can also use this free software called PST Splitter. It is commercial software but it also provides a free version. You can automatically split a larger PST file into multiple smaller ones at every specific time interval. This software provides some handy options to auto-split a PST file. Here are the options you get:
- You can auto-split a selected PST file on a particular time interval like day, week, month, or year.
- It also provides an option clean out items that are older than a specific time.
- You can even move from the default PST to the archive PST file connected to Microsoft Outlook.
- You can create new PST files every time as well as connect new PST files to the Outlook app.
- It contains a feature to create a backup of the original PST file.
How to split a large PST file using PST Splitter?
To split a large PST file using this free software called PST Splitter, use the below steps:
- Firstly, download and install PST Splitter from its official website.
- Now, under the Automatic PST splitting – Auto archive: section, click on the Configure auto archive options button.
- After that, press the Filters button to select the Outlook folders that you want to split.
- Next, configure the settings as per your requirements and then press the Run Now button to start the splitting process.
It also provides various options to manually split a large PST file by date, file size, selected folders, or Outlook account. But, these features are only available in the pro edition. You can download the free version of PST Splitter from here.
How can I split large PST files?
You can compress and split PST files in Microsoft Outlook. For that, open the Outlook app and go to the File menu and click on the Account Settings button. In the next dialog window, go to the Data Files tab and select the PST file that you want to compress. After that, click on the Settings button and then choose the Compact Now button in the appeared dialog window.
How can I split 20 GB PST file?
To split a large PST file, you can use a third-party tool. There are software like Split PST File by Outlook Freeware and PST Splitter that let you split a huge PST file into smaller parts. You can download and install any of these software, launch it, select the source PST file, and then press the Run button. The software will automatically split your PST file.