The Taskbar in Windows 10 comes with a lot of customizations. One of those customizations allows you to show/hide texts beside icons in opened windows in Taskbar. You can show the icon and the name of the window at the same time. In this post, we will show you how to hide or show icon names beside icons in Taskbar on Windows 10.
Show Program icon names in Windows 10 Taskbar
To hide or show Program names beside the icons in Taskbar on Windows 10, do the following:
- Right-click on Taskbar and then click on Taskbar settings.
- The Settings window will open
- Scroll down to find Combine taskbar buttons
- Click on the drop-down and choose Never.
Once you do this, you will notice that names appear beside the icons in the Taskbar for the opened windows.
On the downside, showing texts with icons in Taskbar is curbing a big chunk of space in Taskbar. So, it will be better to hide texts beside icons of opened windows in Taskbar.
To hide the icon names beside icons on the Taskbar, repeat the same steps above but this time instead of selecting Never, select either Always, hide labels or When taskbar is full from the drop-down.
Reads that may interest you:
- TaskbarDock lets you center-align taskbar icons
- Customize Windows 10 taskbar with Ashampoo Taskbar Customizer.