Today, computer users always face the risk of new generation Malware that attacks us even when we may have a good antivirus installed. There is new Malware releasing every day, and it’s getting harder for antivirus solutions to release virus signature based on the new Malware and then detect it. However careful you may be, there is still a chance you may get hit by a powerful Malware that may steal your sensitive data or even crash your computer. That’s where SecureAge SecureAPlus can come into the picture to help you!
According to SecureAPlus, the application is designed to stop any unknown applications including unknown malware from executing, in servers and user’s machines. Unlike traditional virus protection software, SecureAPlus blocks Malware upon the first sign of entry. According to the developers, SecureAPlus blocks mutated viruses, targeted attacks, zero-day threats, and other unknown malware. SecureAPlus alerts users whenever any harmful program or malicious scripts attempt to run.
Here are the features listed by them:
- Detects and removes known viruses, Trojan Horses,
worms and other known malware.
- Real-time protection around the clock.
- Detailed scanning of your computer.
- Updates virus list automatically.
- Scans compressed files such as a zip file.
- Scans embedded malware in documents like Microsoft
Words, Excel and PDF
2. Application Whitelisting
- Blocks hackers, mutated viruses, targeted attacks, zero
day threats and other unknown malware.
- Identifies and allows only trusted programs to run.
- Blocks risky programs and malicious scripts from
- Block advanced malware like APT (Advanced Persistent Threats) and backdoor Trojan.
SecureAPlus claims to be the first anti-malware solution that combines both antivirus and application whitelisting capabilities – all-in-one. It uses 12 antivirus engines. Application Whitelisting is supposed to be the next level of security against Malware attacks.
When you install SecureAPlus for the first time, it will scan all your existing applications. It would have been nice if I were to get a notification, that it was scanning the applications, but we can only find this out when we open the Application Whitelisting section. It takes some time to build the initial database.
Here is a comparison chart prepared by SecureAPlus to help understand how the program works.
SecureAPlus Lite is Free for Home users and you can get its download link here.
You may want to also check out AppSamvid.
- Tags: Anti-malware