At times, it becomes difficult to move, resize, drag and manage several separate open windows at the same time – or move parts of them off the screen. AltDrag attempts to resolve this issue. It is an on-screen window resizing application, simple and light in weight that allows a user to drag windows from point-to-point by holding down the Alt key.
Resize, Drag, Manage windows easily
The newly released version of AltDrag has a graphical user interface that lets you configure settings to meet your preferences and includes Chinese language support too.
One can resize a particular window by simply using the right-mouse button, or maximize it to view the details more clearly by using the double-click option. To snap (attach) a window to its nearby windows simply hold/use the ‘Shift’ key.
New features added:
- Added Graphical User Interface configuration
- Added ability to scroll through windows with the scroll-wheel
- Added ability to blacklist by process name
- New mouse action addition: Lower
- Performance-enhancing options like ResizeRate and MoveRate, if resizing or dragging is slow
- Keyboard shortcuts such as the use of ‘Escape’ to stop AltDragRemoved info.txt
- Lightweight application
- Excellent integration with Windows OS
- Makes the desktop look neat and clean
- Requires holding down two keys simultaneously while dragging
AltDrag, by consuming very little resources, allows you to move and resize windows quickly in a much easier way and with fewer mouse movements.
You can download AltDrag application from here.
If you have used Linux, you are probably familiar with Alt-dragging. Once you have gotten used to it, you’ll want to use it in Windows as well.
TIP: Taekwindow is another such freeware app that lets you do the same. You can check it out too.
- Tags: Freeware